• Subscribe
  • Looking for a video creation tool that allows you to place screen recordings on a mobile device?

Ina Simeonova
    10 replies
    I will need to create some videos for the mobile app which we are developing and I am on the hunt of a tool that lets you insert a screen recording on a device (iPhone)? I have been checking some options online but nothing really does what I want :( Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

Doğa Armangil
    Hi, You might want to look at loom.com, which is a business video tool. I am a customer and I have used their iPhone and desktop applications. On iPhone the app will automatically post the video you've filmed to your loom.com account. You can then download a copy into your iPhone, and then view the video through the standard camera app or the Photos app.
    Ina Simeonova
    @doga_armangil Thank you for the recommendation! Do you know if you can insert that screen recording in an iphone - I want the screen recording to be displayed inside a device so it looks better 🥲
    Doğa Armangil
    @ina_simeonova You should be able to use your videos as the background of your lock screen or home screen if you have one of the latest iPhones. You can even make those backgrounds look nice if you are artistically inclined, for my part I won't even try :)
    Ruby Lawrence
    I’ve been in a similar situation while working on a mobile app. I found that using a tool like OBS Studio combined with a mobile screen recorder worked wonders.
    Joshua Daniels
    I recently discovered Loom , which lets you easily capture your screen and share recordings.
    Ina Simeonova
    @joshua_daniels1 Thank you for the recommendation! Do you know if you can insert that screen recording in an iphone - I want the screen recording to be displayed inside a device so it looks better 🥹
    David Baker
    I get how frustrating it can be to find the right tool. Another option to consider is Camtasia.
    Michael
    I’ve found that using tools like Screen Flow or Camtasia works great for adding screen recordings to a mobile device frame.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Possibly, this could be done through the green screen in DaVinci Resolve. Or try to find any video in video stocks where you can place it directly but it will probably not be for free. Or you can use a png mockup and in CapCut use layers (one will be the mockup, under will be the screen recording, and the last one the background).
    Jonathan Michael Blake
    Yeah, I've used Descript for creating videos with screen recordings on mobile devices. It lets you record your screen and automatically transcribes the audio so you can easily edit the video by editing the text. You can then export the video with the screen recording placed on a simulated phone, tablet or computer screen. Pretty slick tool for making tutorial and demo videos!