• Subscribe
  • Promote your PH launch only to PH members?

Carol Moh
    4 replies
    I just learned that if someone creates an account on the day of your launch and votes/comments on your launch, it is not counted? So, therefore, we should only be focusing on engaging with communities of people who use PH, especially on the day of the launch?

Replies

Karl Wang
    Why do the differentiation? If what we do by engaging is to talk publicly, then the marginal effort of addtional viewers, whoever they are, will be zero?
    Carol Moh
    @thinking_aloud So what I have been reading is that the longer and more active someone has been a member the higher "weighting" their comments and votes have. This is not official, but I have read across multiple blogs and articles about it. Apparently, if they are a "fresh" user who has just signed up, it was noted that their votes were not counted or disappeared 🤷‍♀️
    Kate Ramakaieva
    It depends on your goals - if you are looking for upvotes only - yes, promote only to experienced PH users. Votes from new accounts don't count and it is kind of spam and unfair competition's protection here. If you are looking for new users, exposure, engagement - promote it everywhere you can :)
    Carol Moh
    @kate_ramakaieva yes agree about how they have to control spam and unfair competition. (I can’t imagine how crazy it would get without these controls in place) It’s not so much about not promoting everywhere but energy and resources can only stretch so far (even with the power of coffee ☕️) so I was thinking about the strategy to do well and get visibility is probably focusing on those that are PH members.