• Subscribe
  • The Role of Location for Founders: Is Relocation Necessary?

Maksym Potapenko
    2 replies
    Hey PH community! As my first discussion gained a lot of attention and responses, I’m grateful for your involvement, and I’d like to start another, more personal discussion, hoping it resonates with you. The dilemma is: Location for a startup founder. Do you think location impacts a company’s success? Is it possible to build and distribute a great product remotely, or is an in-person network essential? If location is truly important, could you share your experience? Where are you based, and did you relocate somewhere specifically to build your network and grow your company? Any thoughts on this topic are welcome, and I look forward to chatting in the comments. Maks

Replies

Nishimotoson Kirven
    The role of location for founders is crucial, as it can significantly impact business success, access to resources, and networking opportunities. While some entrepreneurs may find that relocating to a startup hub enhances their chances of growth and collaboration, others thrive in their local environments, leveraging their unique insights and community connections. In a similar vein, just as jack in the box value menu that caters to diverse tastes and budgets, founders must evaluate their specific needs and the potential benefits of relocation against the resources available in their current location. Ultimately, the decision to relocate should align with their business goals and personal circumstances, ensuring they choose the best path for their venture's success.
    Mohan Natarajan
    Personal experience Depends on two factors 1. Are you looking at retail or enterprise ? Relationship vs mass marketing 2. Is your product something that has intense and complex user journeys Simple mass market - dont need colocation Complex mass market - needs immersion Simple enterprise - needs colocation Complex enterprise - ya bet no chance if you are not colocated