• Subscribe
  • 10 days after Product Hunt launch! It’s time to summarize all the data and funny moments!

Ksusha
    17 replies
    On September 28th, we have launched AppstoreSpy, a tool for tracking competitor apps, monitoring their performance, and making data-driven decisions to foster the growth of your app. #1 Product of the Day #6 Product of The Week Upvotes: 1048 Comments: 713 (wow 🀩) New users: 1400 Page views: 5928 Top Geographies: USA, India, Morocco, Russia, France Promo code usage: 111 Social media outreach: 5657 Collaboration requests: 2 Feature suggestions: 10 Influencer publications: 4 What was amusing during the launch? 1. The New ChatGPT was also launched on the same day πŸ˜„ It happened close to the end of the launch day (when we were very tired). we went a little crazy and thought we might lose, but they didn't receive many votes and ended up at #6 for the day. On one hand, it's a challenge for us because they are a strong and well-known competitor. On the other hand, their large audience will also see our launch! 2. Ryan Hoover, the founder of Product Hunt, upvoted and left a comment about the tool. It was fantastic, and we are very grateful for his support. 3. After Ryan Hoover left a comment, we lost about 100 upvotes 😁 I asked the support team what happened, and they explained that one of our competitors used bots and they always upvote first launch too. So, we received about 100 unfair upvotes (we didn't even know about it), and Product Hunt eliminated them. This moment was nerve-wracking because we saw our votes disappearing right before our eyes. Thanks to the support team, they clarified this situation. 4. Product Hunt advised us to optimize our main page, as it appeared we were encouraging users to vote, which is against their guidelines. We made the necessary edits during the launch day, and they confirmed that it was now acceptable. This moment was stressful too, as I was concerned they might discredit our launch. However, they handled it in a constructive manner. How we plan to engage these new users: Send an email with a promo code for a 50% discount. Make publications in media about our success and reach out to more people. It was a lot of fun! A great day with some remarkable achievements, thanks to our team. So, if you want to try AppstoreSpy, just send a '+' in the comments, and I'll send you a promo code too 😊 And I'm always open for questions and suggestion!

Replies

Rami - Browsingbuddies.com
    awesome results! what are you guys using to track your website's visitors?
    Relja Denic
    Skylead
    Skylead
    Launching soon!
    The numbers are awesome! Congrats. Thanks for sharing these details. It will mean so much to the community. One question: Can you tell us what was written before on the main page that PH thought was not okay?
    Ksusha
    @relja_denic We did an instruction for our users about what is Product Hunt and hot to support us from this page: https://www.producthunt.com/welcome We worried they won't understand what we say about, that's why added an instruction. It was against the rules
    Sophia Solanki
    That fantastic Ksusha! All the best from here
    Vladyslav Bilotserkovskyi
    Congrats with great results! Could you share a few launch tips?)
    Ksusha
    @vladyslav_bilotserkovskyi sure! 1. To prepare in advance 2. To read all the product hunt rules 3. Never use bots 4. Be ready for surprises 5. Don't give up
    Boudewijn Bos
    wow congrats on the results they sound amazing - something I can only dream of, how did you get so many upvotes? we are launching today and would love that kind of support :)
    Boudewijn Bos
    @ksusha_golovchenko thanks - how many people were following your launch if I may ask? Or did you have a lot of friends on the PH community already?
    Lisa Steingold
    Wow! Well done! Thanks for sharing the data too - it's SUPER helpful!
    Shane Yan
    Thanks for your sharing! I'm also gearing up to launch a new product and your insights are really helpful to me!