• Subscribe
  • 13 Deadly Instagram Story Mistakes

STOP 1. Using the link sticker 2. Not leaving a story gap 3. Posting whenever you “feel like it” 4. Placing stickers on the left/right 5. Posting more than 10+ Stories 6. Only doing promotional Stories 7. Only resharing posts to Stories 8. Not posting to Close Friend List 9. Posting all Stories simultaneously 10. Spam tagging accounts 11. Not posting videos on Stories 12. Forgetting to add subtitles 13. Not tracking “Backs” & “Exit” INSTEAD, TRY 1. Asking people to DM you for links 2. No Stories 24 hours before a big one 3. Posting when the audience is active 4. Placing sticker in the center 5. Stocking to 3 – 5 Stories/day 6. Use Stories to educate/connect 7. Reshare 1 post/day with context 8. Use CFL for most loyal followers 9. Spread your Stories 1 – 2 hours apart 10. Tag relevant accounts only 11. Try showing your face regularly 12. Add easy subtitles with Clips 13. Track all your metrics in Insights –––––––––– You are killing your Instagram STORY Views with these mistakes. 🛑 Things such as including link stickers instead of asking people to DM you are dangerous. But that's something that a lot of people have started talking about recently, unlike the last tip in this post. Did you know you could check all Instagram Stories you've done in the past as well as their performance? Some smart creators already do this for their feed content, but less than 2% of people do this for their stories. So open your Insights ➡️ Scroll To Content You Shared ➡️ Select Stories ➡️ Filter By Reach – Exits – Backs and understand which are your best and worst stories.

Replies

Shubham Pratap Singh
    Thanks for sharing Nika. I was using link sticker for all the stories till now. I will correct my mistake. :)
    Thanks for sharing such minute details! Helped a lot.
    Emin Taha Çelik
    Thank you for not just addressing the problem but also giving advice on how to solve them. Useful content!
    Aqeel
    Great. Definitely going to update the mistakes i have been doing unintentionally. Thank you for sharing these valuable tips..
    This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing 😃