• Subscribe
  • If you had to recommend one book to a fellow maker, what would it be?

Dario
    14 replies
    For me, it would have to be "Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less" by Greg McKeown.

Replies

Roman Tsegelskyi
    @yapartase For me - Dear Founder
    Dario
    share.link
    share.link
    Has anyone read "The Art of the Start 2.0"?
    Abadesi
    Hustle Crew Academy
    Hustle Crew Academy
    @yapartase I really like The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz. Describes the rollercoaster of founder life in a great way and still has a positive message. Also - if I'm allowed two - Mindset by Dr Carol S Dweck. I kept one in my bag every day in my first year working full time as a boostrapping founder.
    Frances Foster
    @yapartase Seth Godin's The Dip!
    Becky DeForest
    @yapartase I recommend BADASS Making Users Awesome by Kathy Sierra, one badass maker herself!
    Emerson Dameron
    @yapartase Finite and Infinite Games by James Carse. A weird little book that will help you fixate less on #WINNING and discover deeper levels of creativity and usefulness.
    Sarah Loertscher
    @yapartase The Writing Life by Annie Dillard. This is more from an artistic slant (a writer writing about the process of writing), but I think it's a beautiful volume that offers a lot in terms of what goes into producing work (of any kind).
    Noëlie Rx
    @yapartase "The Boy Who Could Change the World" which is a book listing the writings of Aaron Swartz
    Luu Dao
    @yapartase The Lean Product Playbook by Dan Olsen :D
    Mittul Desai
    @yapartase I'd recommend checking out Principles by Ray Dalio. Very good book about decision making and the impact of methodical decisions on simplification of difficult circumstances.
    Abraham Mast
    @yapartase The War of Art by Steven Pressfield