• Subscribe
  • Advice or Personal Anecdotes on battling Creative Block.

Nicholas Alexander
    4 replies
    I feel like my idea tank is empty, and I need some help refueling! Help, Makers!!

Replies

Chris Sarca
    I started using ChatGPT when I want to come up with something to design, it's easier to ask over and over again until you find something you like.
    Madeleine Nichols
    resonate with this! Definitely have found some improvements by committing to building a second brain - it helps me keep track of topics and sources I come across that resonate. By adding in my own ideas and connecting, I always have lots of material to browse through as a starting point, without having to rely on ideas in my brain at a given moment. And if I'm still stuck, I throw some of the info from my second brain into ChatGPT for some further ideation
    Nicholas Alexander
    @madeleine_nichols Sorry, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the idea of "building a second brain".. Would you be able to expand a little more on what it means? I'd really appreciate it. :)
    Madeleine Nichols
    @nalex2025 sorry for the delay getting back to you! Absolutely a second brain is a digital repository of all your information. The idea being that you outsource the remembering from your brain to a digital tool of your choice, because your brain is fantastic at having ideas, but really bad at remembering them A key part of a second brain is that you pick one place to act as your source of truth so that you aren't losing track of knowledge or wasting time moving between different stores of information. (I tend to set a weekly meeting with myself to transfer and unite bookmarks or saved posts from different places into my second brain) Doesn't matter which tool, as long as you commit to adding everything to it - articles you might save for reading, useful twitter threads, notes you jot down There's then some further steps to organise and use the information held within your second brain. Check out this article from Tiago Forte for more info https://fortelabs.com/blog/basbo... I noticed huge benefits just committing to having everything in one place!