• Subscribe
  • Advise to build your personal brand?

Anh Ngo (Austin)
    35 replies
    Should I upload my own images or just the product images haha? How can I showcase my knowledge without coming across as arrogant?

Replies

Anh Ngo (Austin)
    Love to hear advise from you all :)
    Carlos Aponte
    I am also going through this right now, and I think a key element is to define what you bring to the table, what is your value proposition. You need to define it for yourself first and then for your audience. Would you “follow” yourself and the content you are putting out there? I think this is an important question to ask.
    Swayam
    @0xcaponte where do you suggest putting our content in ?
    Carlos Aponte
    Hi @swayammi7 I am no expert, I have been at it for around 6 months trying to figure out what works for me. At the moment I am posting on Twitter (x.com/0xcaponte) and on my personal blog. On the blog I write some more technical and detailed content, but I doubt many people have seen those. I am also somehow active in indiehackers.com and I am starting alsohere in product hunt.
    @swayammi7 @0xcaponte How are you active in indiehackers, Carlos? I haven't used it yet (adding you on X, btw)
    Carlos Aponte
    @swayammi7 @alessio_mavica in Indiehackers I comment on the articles posted by other people, be it asking questions or participating in existing discussion.
    Alvaro Villalba Perez
    Choose the right channel. Depending on the audience you're targeting, some might be easier than others. And I'd keep adding more channels. I started with Linkedin and I'm now combining it with Twitter and PH
    Swayam
    @alvarovillalb_ which channel should i target first if my target audience are students?
    Agota Birtalan
    @alvarovillalb_ @swayammi7 If you target younger generations, students, then think of Instagram and Tiktok. Linkedin is so much better for targeting working professionals.
    Francesco D'Alessio
    Tool Finder - Find Productivity Tools
    Tool Finder - Find Productivity Tools
    Be yourself. But bring your joy and passion to your expertise. I've done this for years with productivity tools & helping people find them.
    Immersive Translate Bilingual Video
    Combining personal images with your product shots can create a more authentic connection with your audience, as it humanizes your brand. Share your expertise by focusing on how it benefits others, which demonstrates value and thought leadership without appearing boastful.
    David Khripunov
    Be yourself. Good networking
    Elisa Tamburini
    New JotURL Chrome Extension
    New JotURL Chrome Extension
    Define your target and what you can offer, search for keywords and work to position yourself well in terms of indexing. Work a lot on your social networks to make yourself known, create a website where you explain everything about your brand, your mission, the services you offer, etc. If you have a blog, create articles (optimizing them for SEO) to get more traffic and start making yourself known. Work on an eye-catching logo - I advise you to rely on industry experts, don't spare any expense, all the money you spend on your brand is an investment, not a loss!
    AmazingSylvia
    Find ur niche.
    Oleksandr Buratynskyi
    Prepare yourself for long run into uncertainty
    Tyrone Robb
    Launching soon!
    Are you talking about on here or your brand in general? Share just your product or improve your product. If you want to build your brand there are a few other options from setting up a gated blog or just posting on social media. If you want to be a thought leader focus on your PM, and in the context of your company make sure it's related to your target audience. Eventually, you will move from what seems to be random content to having sufficient information, people can learn how to do what you can teach. If on on PH, then it may be worth incorporating a blog/resource centre into Saner where you can share insights/best practices etc. You could share a screenshot of it, It would be continuous learning. But it will be seen as odd at a minimum. If you want to help people more broadly, then perhaps a separate product/blog site to share that info. There are some good tools out there where you can monetise them, Substack for example. For a low-effort choice, you can share the content on LinkedIn or Medium for example.
    Alexandru Purdoiu
    When building your personal brand, collaborate with startups and engage in projects with others. Balance the presentation of your own images and product images, stay helpful and authentic when sharing knowledge, and interact actively to build strong relationships.
    Notionxyz
    Identify your unique strengths,Craft a consistent message,Engage authentically with your audience and Deliver value consistently.
    Roland Marlow
    Well if it's your personal brand, don't worry too much about product images unless you're referring to you as the product. People see others build a brand and promote products and think that is why you do it, partially yes, but if you're in the building state, don't worry too much about the product, just focus on building your audience around yourself.
    Swayam
    Would love to know what you find out, even i am facing the same issue
    Kyle Young ⛳️
    Perseverance. Things aren't always going to go your way. Facing and overcoming adversity, especially in the beginning is a skill not many have mastered.
    Marvin Mändle
    Talk to your community. It's more give than take!
    Odessa Holland
    Hey Anh! Mixing personal and product images is great for building your brand. Share behind-the-scenes shots or tutorials to showcase your expertise subtly. Engage with your audience through stories or captions that offer value or insights. It's not about showing off; it's about sharing what you know in a relatable way. Contextual targeting definition https://smartyads.com/blog/what-... can help you tailor content to your audience's interests. Good luck!
    Infraforge
    Infraforge
    Launching soon!
    To build your brand, focus on showcasing your unique strengths, values, and expertise consistently across various platforms.
    Genevieve Lopez
    Why not both? Integrate your personal journey with your product journey. It adds authenticity and relatability to your brand.
    André J
    Figure out why you want to build a personal brand, and you have your answer.