• Subscribe
  • Are you a mobile or desktop person?

Khagani Bayramov
    4 replies
    Since mobile devices have become an indispensable part of our lives, mobile applications have taken almost full control of our daily routines. Messaging, money transfers, gaming, etc., have all found a place on our phones. However, I personally find desktop more suitable for most cases. Other than Twitter, WhatsApp, and mobile banking apps, I generally use the desktop for purposes such as e-shopping, reading news, learning, and product testing. This preference is a habit, and I believe it stems from my technical background. I prefer seeing all the details in one fixed place when looking at the screen; therefore, the desktop is always convenient for me. What are your thoughts?

Replies

Carol Moh
    I would say for casual browsing and looking up something quickly, I'll reach for my phone. But for "serious things" like big purchases, things that require a lot of reading, or testing out things, I'll always gravitate to my desktop/laptop. I don't necessarily think it is a technical thing but I like the reassurance of seeing everything on a bigger screen and typically a better layout!
    Khagani Bayramov
    @carolmoh Exactly. What about long videos? Do you prefer watching them on mobile device or laptop/PC?
    Carol Moh
    @xaqan Depends on the content of the long video, but in general, for standard social media, long-form videos you find on YouTube, etc. I am fine watching it on my phone, but also because I tend to consume that kind of content when I am on a train or bus - what about you?
    Khagani Bayramov
    @carolmoh I think watching videos or doing some stuff on the phone is preferred because it gives the flexibility of movement or positioning compared doing these on PC. You can watch a movie while lying on the couch. It doesn't require much attention to details. But, when it comes to the work related stuff I can't do it with same approach. I mostly prefer desktop.