• Subscribe
  • Are you spending time on social media more than you should?

Gurpinder Singh
    19 replies
    The algorithms are made such way to make you scroll through the infinite content. Do you end up spending more time on social media apps?

Replies

Daniel Engels
    No, but I spend more time on news sites than I should. It's some kind of an addiction.
    K John
    The growth of social media has indeed proven beneficial in numerous ways, but a fact that cannot be denied is that it is a kind of addiction.
    Anna Jack
    Some people even fall asleep after scrolling mindlessly through their phones and again repeat the same thing in the morning before even getting out of the bed.
    Santa
    Yeah, I am definitely somewhat addicted to social media (but not scrolling per se). I often search content myself instead of just check on `what`s up`. To my defence, I follow motivational people, writers, artists a lot more than friends and influencers. It helps me keep my mind stimulated, explore new horizons and be inspired. There can also be addiction related to the usage of social media where we aren`t the consumer, but rather content creators. Where we express ourselves, share with people, give back to communities. Time after time I can be caught on scrolling, but it doesn`t hold me down for too long as generic content doesn´t really interest me. The problem is that the notifications keep pulling me in and it's almost unthinkable to spend a day or more without checking my accounts or posting something myself. In that sense, I feel definitely dependent on social media, as it meets a lot of my needs (growth, connection, self expression etc. ) and it may have some negative impacts on my peronal life such as less presence with friends and family, disrupted sleep patterns, ...
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    Not that much. I barely have time to do scrolling through any social media app.
    Karolina
    Yes 😬 sometimes it's like a never-ending story. I'm already addicted, but I do my best to limit social media in my personal life. Maybe it's the matter of my interests and marketing fascination, but somehow I need to remember that my eyes need to rest from time to time 🤣
    Brenna Donoghue
    Does Product Hunt count?! 😂
    Software Guy (Aarvy)
    Ahhh well no, I mostly use it to promote my products and engage with the audience to boost my growth. Do you spend more time on it?