• Subscribe
  • Are you using an image proxy server?

Gaurav
    4 replies
    I've been using a home-grown image proxy server built on top of libvips. It's capable of generating multiple sizes and thumbnails of a single image on the fly to reduce the load time for different screen sizes. Do you use something like imgix? Are you happy with its pricing? I'm thinking about open-sourcing the image proxy server behind Storiny (https://www.producthunt.com/products/storiny), allowing others to self-host it.

Replies

Yes, Contentify AI can help you automate the creation and publishing of visual content across various platforms, including social media, blogs, and websites. Problem: Are you struggling to consistently create and publish engaging visual content for your online presence? Solution: Contentify AI's AI agents can generate visuals tailored to your brand identity and marketing goals, ensuring a consistent and effective brand presence online. Try Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI
    Amit Arora
    Good thought Gaurav!!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Nope, I'm not using a fancy image proxy like imgix. My home-grown solution might not have all the bells and whistles, but it's like that reliable old car that gets the job done without breaking the bank!
    Hannah Samson
    I’ve been exploring similar setups myself, and I totally get the benefits of having a custom image proxy server. A while back, I started using proxyrotator.com for my own image optimization, and it was a game-changer. I could dynamically generate thumbnails for my blog without stressing about load times.I love the idea of open-sourcing your server—it would be super helpful for developers looking to optimize their sites. When I was working on my latest project, I wished I had access to something like that! I think many people would appreciate the flexibility of self-hosting. If you do go down that route, I'd love to contribute or test it out.