• Subscribe
  • Book Recommendations! Let's share good books with each other.

Demetre Mildiani
    24 replies
    we all ready from time to time, Some of us are in the Book Reading Phase right now and some are in a different phase when there is little time. No matter your current situation, it will be very valuable for people who are looking for good recommendations, if you share your own favourite books, and maybe even insights from the book. Let's share and help each other out!

Replies

André J
    My favourite entrepreneurial bool is the alchemist. It's great at outlining what you have to sacrifice, and that most people will rather prefer to stay in the comfort zone, one must choose. ✌️
    Demetre Mildiani
    @sentry_co Alchemist is a great one, I love how you said it's great at outlining what you have to sacrifice. it's an important thing to remember always
    André J
    @demetre_mildiani1 Yep. Everyone sees the glory, but it's not glorious at all. So the motivation can't be the glory. For me it's the journey. If there is glory at the end. That's great too 😸
    Dan O'Malley
    Million Dollar Weekend by Noah Kagan. "Now, not how."
    Demetre Mildiani
    @dan_o_malley from your comment I can assume the book is about taking action not planning and never starting, am I correct?
    Dan O'Malley
    @demetre_mildiani1 Essentially, yes. It's a step-by-step how on to create a business that will generate a million dollars a year in one weekend.
    Demetre Mildiani
    @dan_o_malley that's sounds unreal, how do you think the book has helped you so far Dan?
    Dan O'Malley
    @demetre_mildiani1 The big takeaways so far is to take action and validate ideas before building. It gives actionable ways to do so. I've now got a list of 8 or so ideas and have chosen one to move forward with having worked through a quick process.
    Gurkaran Singh
    If you're ready for a mind-bending journey, check out "Sapiens" by Yuval Noah Harari - it's like a data-packed rollercoaster for your brain! And for those short on time, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho is the perfect quick escape to a world of wisdom and discovery. Happy reading, folks! 📚✨
    Demetre Mildiani
    @thestarkster sapiens is definetly an instant classic, alchemist is also great, I will make a score board of what books were named more often, that you for the recommendations!
    My3 Murthy
    I am currently reading Day trading attention- really good book if you want to understand how the attention economy works
    Demetre Mildiani
    @my3_murthy attention economy feels like it's more about influencers no? or is it solely about day trading?
    My3 Murthy
    @demetre_mildiani1 haha- i see why the name might cause you to think that but it is majorly about why & how one should build a brand in 2024 (either personal or business) to get ahead in life.
    Demetre Mildiani
    @my3_murthy I see, Building brands today is very important since content has become so scalable, If making brands is not a must for a sucess, it will be very very soon
    Crishelle Nase
    If you’re looking for something deep, Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is a must-read.
    Anurag Agrawal
    1/- Crucial Conversation 2/- The Art of Thinking Clearly 3/- The back of the Napkin
    Demetre Mildiani
    @anurag_agrawal2 you seem like you love a good conversation, I love that, are all of these books about better communication?
    Demetre Mildiani
    for me a really influential book is: how to win friends and influence people, why? Very good insights, deep subconscious stuff and timeless knowledge! this is book is nearly 100 years old, yet principles from this book are as applicable as ever
    Gyula Rusinczky
    I'm currently reading these ones: • Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain • Moral Tribes: Emotion, Reason, and the Gap Between Us and Them by Joshua D. Greene • What Makes You Not a Buddhist by Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse
    Demetre Mildiani
    @gyrusinczky Very interesting, do you have books you like to reread as well?
    Gyula Rusinczky
    @demetre_mildiani1 I already read The Inheritance Cycle series by Christopher Paolini 3x, next time I wanna read it Spanish.🙂 What's your fav book?
    Demetre Mildiani
    @gyrusinczky Haha reading in Spanish you will definitely catch new insights. As for me, Probably a Cliche answer for a Favorite book but it's How to win friends and influence people, it has just given me so much value, i have yet to derive so much from a single book