• Subscribe
  • Build in Public VS Build in community

Daisy Do
    33 replies
    We shouldn't build in public. Where competitors are active. We should build in community 👇 Where potential users and customers are active.

Replies

Johannes Kraus
    I would rather build in community. You always have the problem that you don't know your customer very well in the beginning...so adding a lot of "noise" in public..is bad, compared to a real closed community environment.
    @johannes_kraus_13 this is interesting. I see your point about community and didn’t think about it compared to public
    Julia Doronina
    I think that it's cool if you have an opportunity to do both
    Sunil Ayar
    It both works.
    Simon Rosner
    Build in public
    Ling Tien
    Build in community
    Shashi
    Build in community
    Parker Molley
    Build in community is good
    Vincent Xu
    AI Researcher
    AI Researcher
    I totally get where you're coming from, but I think there's actually a lot of value in building in public. It allows for transparency and feedback from a wider audience, which can be really valuable for improving your product.
    Anh Ngo (Austin)
    I'm moving towards build in public :)
    Kabir Haynes
    I am working on both
    Daisy Do
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @kabir_haynes Cool Kabir! Where do you usually build in public?
    Anna Jack
    Both work better
    Amelia Charlie
    Build in public
    kevin newsum
    Obviously not totally mutually exclusive (YMMV), but if I have to choose one, as a community builder, I have seen some genuinely remarkable insights bubble up from community feedback
    Nguyễn Minh Thức
    Both of them at the same time
    PRIYANKA MANDAL
    Agree Daisy. Building in a community definitely seems more strategic, engaging directly with potential users and customers. It fosters a more meaningful connection.
    Rubin Shao
    Building in community is essential, but building in public requires rapid development capabilities, enabling you to iterate quickly on your product. Otherwise, you risk being surpassed by imitators.
    Anastasia Liamets
    Both. You shouldn’t be afraid of competitors, if you’re genuine and have engaged community
    Hassan Shah
    Build in community