• Subscribe
  • Cold Mailing in 2024: Keep or Cut?

Abel Lopez
    9 replies
    After some work, my colleague and I are almost ready to reveal the MVP of a tool we’ve been building. However, we’re at a crossroads regarding our next steps. We’ve explored several options to gain traction but aren’t entirely sure which path to take. Cold mailing has come up as a potential strategy, but we’re wondering if it’s still effective today. I’d love to hear any insights or experiences from others who’ve been in a similar position - what worked best for you after launching your MVP?

Replies

Simonas Kauzonas
    Keep, but be super targeted and personalized. Focus on value and solving problems, not just pitching.
    Abel Lopez
    @simonas_kauzonas Thank you so much for the advice! We’re definitely going to take your advice and aiming to focus on the value we bring rather than just sending out generic pitches. Appreciate your insight!
    Emily Grace Thompson
    Definitely keep cold mailing, but be laser-focused. Find prospects that are the absolute best fit for your product/service. Then take the time to craft highly personalized emails that show you understand their specific pain points and goals. Provide them real value upfront in the email itself. Aim for quality outreach over quantity. It takes more effort but response rates will be way higher.
    Abel Lopez
    @emilygracethompson Thank you for the thoughtful advice! Honestly, we were leaning toward not doing cold mailing at all, but after hearing your insights, we’re definitely planning to give it a go and prioritize quality over quantity. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    Christian Onochie
    For sure keep it but with more personalization and targeted
    Tim David
    I think cold mailing can still be effective if done right
    Dedew
    Keep! Cold mailing still works if it's personalized and value-driven. In 2024, it's all about quality over quantity. Target the right people, offer real value, and don't sound robotic—make it human!
    Emin Araki
    Interesting that most people want to "keep" cold mailing. In my opinion, cold mailing is becoming less effective from time to time. People get too many unwanted emails and usually ignore or delete them without reading. Spam filters are better now and might send these emails to spam folders. Also, people worry more about privacy and scams, so they're cautious with unknown senders. Modern marketing focuses on personal connections through social media, content marketing, and targeted ads. These methods are more engaging and effective. So, continuing to invest in cold mailing might not be the best use of resources, if you ask me. It's better to focus on marketing strategies that match what people prefer today. But I am open to hear other thoughts on this.