• Subscribe
  • Do you continue working after your shift ends?

Ezgi Aydın
    55 replies
    Some days I continue working after 5 just to finish my tasks. Do you also do that, If so for how long?

Replies

Luis Enrique Medina
    It really depends. Sometimes you are so involved in the task at hand that you just wanna power through another hour because you get the feeling that tomorrow it will be hard to get into that "focus zone".
    Ezgi Aydın
    BeforeSunset AI
    Launching soon!
    @medinaluis Absolutely agree. I tend to lose that motivation and focus on the next day
    Sansa Grey
    Every day, I decide not to do but .... 😪
    Heleana Grace
    As a founder of a growing startup, I have to, any tips for improving? 😅
    Ezgi Aydın
    BeforeSunset AI
    Launching soon!
    @heleana that startup is your baby I totally understand you wanting to work long hours on it. Just try not to overwork yourself
    Heleana Grace
    @ezgi_aydin She really is, tbh. It feels more like passion than work! We just launched a cool new thing on PH actually. Would you mind checking it out? :) I'd love to see what you think! producthunt.com/posts/saas-video-script-templates
    Dávid Sipos
    On 2 occasions: 1 I have to finish that task on that day. 2 I have the flow and I know in the following 1-2 hours I could finish more work then on the beginning of the next day
    Csaba Zajdo
    As the CEO of OptiMonk, I have to work extra hard to achieve my goals.
    Ezgi Aydın
    BeforeSunset AI
    Launching soon!
    @zajdo_csaba when you are trying to achieve your goals it feels less like work
    Murali Gottumukkala
    Generally I avoid, but its the need of the hour
    Saurabh Wadhawan
    your shift ends when your deliverables of the day are finished. Shouldn't work after that :-)
    Ezgi Aydın
    BeforeSunset AI
    Launching soon!
    @nancy_talton why Mondays? I guess i tend to finish work earlier on Mondays because it isn't one of my productive days
    Chetan Natesh
    I work on my startup before, during and after my shift.
    Murali Gottumukkala
    For me its the daily goal, I cannot stop until i finish it or have an actionable progress for the next day
    Ezgi Aydın
    BeforeSunset AI
    Launching soon!
    @murali_aasaan such a great work ethic but doesn't it make you feel burned out from time to time?
    Murali Gottumukkala
    @ezgi_aydin Yes, but being co-founder everyday brings a new challenge so closures are much needed on simple and achievable tasks
    Joanne Hurley
    I do sometimes and when its necassary to move things forward.
    Balen khalid
    Yes, until the work is totally complete.
    Arpan
    At times, yes.
    Daniel Burns
    As one of the co-founders and the CEO in a growing company, I have to juggle between a lot of things to make everything run smoothly, so I tend to overwork for extended periods of time, unfortunately.
    Abid Unnisa
    I used to. But I have learnt the hard way, its necessary to finish on time to avoid burnout.
    raymond harrolds
    most times i like to do
    Jason Perez
    In general I do continue to work after my shit has ended. But it might be for 20-30 min or 1-2 hours. It depends if we are near an important sprint release.