• Subscribe
  • Do you think GPT Store will become a popular and profitable trend for developers?

Huynh Trinh
    10 replies

Replies

Huynh Trinh
    ChatGPT has recently introduced the GPT store, a platform where developers can create and share custom versions of ChatGPT for various purposes. I believe that it will become a similar phenomenon to the Apple Store or the Google Play Store very very very soon. How do you think?
    Diksha Patro B
    It has the potential to. Might even end up becoming a mainstream AI marketplace just like Shopify AppStore and its likes.
    Priyash Patil
    Yes possibility it could
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    I think GPT will, but GPT store probably won't, it's completely different from the Apple App Store.
    Richard
    @rick_fan I can understand about GPT, but why not GPT store?
    Huynh Trinh
    @rick_fan Appreciate your opinion. Would you mind to share more why it won’t and how it is different from other Stores?
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    @trinhdhuynh @richard_acdv My view on this is still quite vague, but their differences are obvious. The number of GPTs will be much greater than the number of apps in the Apple Store, and the current version of the GPT store is too basic. They don't seem completely sure how to build the ecosystem, and they haven't provided an official Auth solution and payment plan. It looks like there's still a lot of room for third-party GPT navigation websites to survive. OpenAI may have a completely different plan.
    Huynh Trinh
    @rick_fan Yes, GPT still need to do a lot of things such as Auth solution and payment plan. I guess they have all in their pocket now. They just wait to announce it at the right time. It’s my feeling. Let wait and see.