• Subscribe
  • Does delaying your Product Hunt launch lead to better traction? What’s your experience?

Bilal Asif
    2 replies
    I’ve seen a lot of founders debate whether delaying their Product Hunt launch is beneficial for building anticipation and ensuring a stronger impact, or if it’s better to launch as early as possible and iterate based on feedback. Have you delayed your launch for more traction or visibility? Did it pay off, or was the initial hype lost? Looking for insights, experiences, and lessons learned!

Replies

Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Bilal, I’ve been down that road! I delayed a launch once to build anticipation, and while it gave us time to polish things, it was a balancing act to keep the hype alive. It worked out, but keeping the audience engaged during the wait was key. It’s definitely a tough call. Umm, you were supposed to launch today, have you decided to delay it?
    Daniel Joseph Bennett
    I've tried delaying a launch once and it was hit or miss. Gave us extra time to squash bugs and polish things up which was great. But yeah, keeping people hyped during the wait was tricky. Did some preview blog posts, behind the scenes peeks on social to stoke anticipation. Overall I'd say it helped a bit with traction on launch day vs. if we rushed it out, but not like a massive difference. Guess it depends on your product and audience. Are you thinking of delaying yours?