• Subscribe
  • Does ProductHunt need a messaging feature?

Kabir Singh Shekhawat
    4 replies
    I think there is a lot of friction involved if you want to connect to people on ProductHunt. There is no way to send a simple "hello 👋" to anyone here and I end up using LinkedIn or Twitter for the same, which means I cannot connect with profiles that don't have socials linked 🫠

Replies

Abhra Ch.
    @kabir_singh_shekhawat You make an excellent point! A messaging feature on ProductHunt would definitely reduce the friction and make it easier to connect directly with the community here. It would open up more opportunities for networking and collaboration 😄. Imagine being able to instantly chat with a maker of a product you love! 😍 I'd love to see this implemented. What do others think? 🤔
    Kristan Servidad
    Totally agree! Would also be helpful if we could search up people by interests as well, and then be able to create public groups.
    Jasper Elliot Sinclair
    A built-in messaging feature on PH would be super handy for connecting with other hunters directly. Right now the friction of having to find people on other platforms kills a lot of potential conversations and collabs. Even just a simple DM feature to say hey would go a long way in building community here. ProductHunt, plz add this! 🙏
    Gurkaran Singh
    Connecting on ProductHunt without messaging is like coding without coffee - possible, but definitely missing a key ingredient! Maybe a virtual "hello" button could bridge this gap? 🚀