• Subscribe
  • Does your content/business struggle with Chameleon-Sydrome?

Carter Michael
    5 replies
    I recently watched a video where a YouTuber talked about taking a break from the platform and switching up his content style - as he was trying to optimize hist content for the longest time, it burned him out and now all he notices is content being very similar. Does your business/content struggle with this? Or have you? Learning about the best trends/targeting rising markets, and just feeling like although you're trying to make your work better - you're really just blending in? Let me know? I definitely have. Cheers.

Replies

Ashrey Ignise R
    Hey Carter, I surely feel a pull toward having to blend in. After all, that is the kind of content that the algorithm promotes. At the same time, it feels inauthentic and reduces my motivation to continue making more. Ultimately, for me, it comes down to popularity vs consistency, and I find that there is only right answer
    Carter Michael
    @aignise The promotion of the algorithm is a great point. It's hard to aim for standing out when you're not seeing anyone succeed in doing so. However, I don't know, I think you could argue that if it's tried for long enough and uses some technical practices to be promoted that it could work quite well.
    Fabian Maume
    I didn't hear the term before. I definitely see it around on Linkedin. I personally belive that making something different from the average is a good way to stand out.
    Carter Michael
    @fabian_maume LinkedIn I think is really bad for this. Same vibe as every "Guru" account on Instagram.