• Subscribe
  • Does Your Work Give You Purpose?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    20 replies
    "I wish I hadn’t worked so hard." It’s a common regret, but not one I share. For me, work gives life meaning. Like King Solomon, who found purpose in his work, I find fulfillment in what I do. I could walk away tomorrow, but while I’m here, I’m searching for that purpose. Do you believe your work matters? Share your thoughts—I’d love to hear them!

Replies

Sobia Arshad
    I see your point, but I have found that taking breaks from work can be eye opening. Trying new hobbies has helped me discover other passions and gives me a fresh perspective on what I really want in life.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    Yes, my work gives me purpose by allowing me to help others, share knowledge, and make complex information accessible. It's fulfilling to assist people in finding solutions and learning new things.
    Hamza Fiaz
    I totally get what you are saying about finding purpose in work. But I’ve realized that it’s really important to balance that with time for family and friends. Sometimes I feel like I lose sight of what really matters when I focus too much on my job.
    Zunaira Ijaz
    I relate to your perspective! For me, what makes work meaningful is seeing how my contributions help others. When a project makes a difference for my team or clients, it really makes those late nights feel worth it.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @zunair_a_ijaz The end goal of every work is getting results, if they are good (achieved satisfaction on another level:)
    Viktor Surkov
    Well, I went through when I lost purpose in my work while leading a marketing agency because I felt like a middleman that doesn't bring much added value to the world, but found it when I switched to the product as I was always dreaming about. So now I'm thinking about maximizing the value of the product all the time, day in & day out. I think it's a sign that I found a purpose again.
    Harsh kumar Dubey
    As a CSE student, our work goes beyond coding—it’s about creating impactful solutions that shape the future and drive meaningful change.
    Nifal Adam
    Absolutely. Imagine being a modern-day wizard, conjuring solutions with every keystroke. My software isn't just lines of code; it's a bridge to a better tomorrow, where efficiency reigns and problems are elegantly solved. I'm crafting tools that will live on long after I'm gone, touching lives in ways I might never fully grasp. That's not just work; that's legacy. It's like planting seeds in the digital realm, watching them grow into forests of functionality. In this code, I find my purpose.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It has to. Otherwise, nothing would make sense. Anyway, I always go for activities that are never complete. I need to have that feeling "I am not done with that."
    Alexander Kovalov
    Building something from the ground up, pushing beyond limits, and watching it grow - that’s where I find meaning. It’s not about passion or waiting for some magical "purpose" to appear. It’s about creating it. Every day, you show up, you build, you grind. That’s purpose. So yeah, my work doesn’t just give me purpose - it’s the reason I get up and go hard.
    Nastya Novichikhina
    For me, work provides a sense of purpose and fulfillment. It’s not just about the tasks, but about contributing something valuable while I’m here 😌
    Indu Thangamuthu
    Yes... I do get that feel "I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.", sometimes.... but sticking to reality, I can see clearly that I have to work for the current me, my current n future goals, the sick me... the tired me... the old me...the retired me... And then I see..."this time and this health" is the only time for me. So..yes...work matters...but not at the cost of your mental and physical health. Work hard now...relax and stay comfy later in old days.
    Kelly Doyle
    I completely understand your perspective! Work can indeed provide a deep sense of purpose. For me, I find fulfillment in my work too, especially in providing window and door services. Offering various styles, like Casement Windows Glasgow, allows me to help people enhance their homes, which is incredibly rewarding. It's great to see how our work can impact others!
    Griffin Rhys Donovan
    Having purpose in your work is important, but you make a great point about how trying new hobbies can open your eyes to other passions. I've found that having interests outside of work helps me stay balanced and brings fresh energy to my day job. Volunteer work is another way to find meaning and purpose outside of your career. But ultimately, if your job leaves you feeling unfulfilled long-term, it may be worth considering a change to align your work with your deeper purpose in life.
    Amanda Nicole Harris
    For sure, purpose from work is ideal but not always realistic. Diversifying with fulfilling hobbies and side projects can provide a healthy perspective and let you discover hidden talents or passions that could even turn into a more purposeful career path someday. Burnout is real, so those breaks to refresh and explore are vital!
    Benjamin Lewis Anderson
    I can definitely relate. Taking up photography as a weekend hobby has given me a lot of creative fulfillment outside of work. It's a great way to explore new interests and get a different perspective. That said, I do think there's value in finding purpose and meaning in your work too, if possible. Probably the ideal is having both - a job you find meaningful, balanced with hobbies and passions outside of work. Just my two cents!