• Subscribe
  • Efficiency Boosting: What are your tips/tools for improving design efficiency that you can share?

Kevin Lu
    7 replies
    How have these strategies or tools changed your design process? My co-founder and I are getting ready to launch the next iteration of dotBRAND, our Survey Genie for designers. It's pretty useful to our users, but I would like to know more about the methods people use to improve their design efficiency. Any tips?

Replies

André J
    For concept: iPad + Apple Pencil + Notes app
    Kevin Lu
    @sentry_co Do you use Notes app to record concepts in words and transform the ideas to image through Apps Pencil/iPad?
    Rahul
    @dot_brand well I don’t use ios , so that limits your customer base ?
    André J
    @dot_brand After concept sketching. I split the Notes app into two windows, and then use the apple iPad enclosure keyboard to type the scribblings into text (there is an AI translator in the notes app that can do that but its hit or miss). Then transfer the text to figma where I make the pitch deck or website or app design. I like the slow process as it forces you to think longer on things you want to keep or add.
    Kevin Lu
    @therahulv Not really~ It's web based now, so it should work on pc as well~ Are you a designer as well?
    Kevin Lu
    @sentry_co It's cool because the process is pretty much same with mine when I was a designer. Well, I didn't use Notion at that time, but I wrote and hand-drew concepts and transformed them into illustrator to finish the job. dotBRAND was actually built prior to concept sketching stage, it helps you to collect your clients' info and style preferences, then, generates some ideas for you; you may pick up your concept sketching after the generation. Would you like to give it a try and tell me what you think?