• Subscribe
  • Electric cars vs. gas cars

Lili Péntek
    13 replies
    I've always been a fan of electric cars, especially Teslas. However, recently, I had an experience where during a longer ride, we had to charge it twice to reach our destination. After this experience, I'm leaning towards gas cars again. What's your opinion on this?

Replies

Nik Hazell
    Zappi Ad Predictor
    Zappi Ad Predictor
    Filling up (gas, or electricity) is never convenient. I drive say, 10-50km a few times per week. Once a month, I drive 2x 250km Twice a year, I drive around 1000km I suspect this is similar for a lot of Europe. A lot of fuss is made about that long journey. On the 10 hour journey, I'd need to stop three times at least, for 40 minutes or so - which is inconvenient. But - the rest of the year - I wouldn't need to fill up at all? My car would charge outside my house. These day-to-day fillups are the really annoying ones - I'm late for work, or late for a train - or just put off filling up until I'm on the REFILL FUEL NOW warning. 95% of the time, those stops just wouldn't exist! I'm not saying that electric cars are without flaws. I AM saying we speak a lot about the inconvenience of stopping on long journeys - and DON'T speak about the added convenience of never having to stop on a short journey.
    Lili Péntek
    @nik_hazell Thank you, Nik. You brought up a really good point. When we consider the frequency of short rides, which are more common than long journeys, it becomes clear that EVs have an advantage in this debate.
    Jose Garrido
    Electric cars are the future. The infrastructure is not there yet, but 20 years from now we’ll look back and think how dumb we were driving gas cars. Teslas are at a different level. All the little details that other car makers are already copying on top of the electric model too
    Lili Péntek
    @josej30 I agree with you, it's definitely the future. However, I still have some concerns about battery reuse, but I have high hopes for technological improvements.
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    If you drive mainly around the city, then an electric car would be a good choice. But for long distances I prefer diesel.
    I admire electric cars like Teslas, but on a recent trip, having to stop twice to charge felt like extra work. It made me appreciate the convenience of gas-powered cars more. What's your take as a fellow enthusiast car and pilot?
    Odessa Holland
    I am more into gas cars. I have my beautiful one Toyota Camry
    Gerth Sniper
    I also mostly like gas cars. As a specific of my profession i need to spend a lot of time in my truck and as you may know truck are mostly gas based so i pick up gas option. Recently i have used the possibility to upgrade my truck and make it more fashionable by adding new seat covers to it, what i think is that it is a good thing to make it more bright
    Reaction Last
    Filling up (gas, or electricity) is never convenient. But Electric cars are the future. The infrastructure is not there yet, but 20 years from now we’ll look back and think how dumb we were driving gas cars. For now my choice is gas cars which I buy them from automo
    Dubai rent a car
    Explore the vibrant city of Dubai with ease by renting a car that suits your needs. Car rental services in Dubai offer a wide selection of vehicles, from budget-friendly options to luxury models, providing the flexibility to travel at your own pace. Whether for business or leisure, renting a car in Dubai allows you to experience the city’s attractions and surroundings with convenience and comfort. Please Visit My Profile (and +971551010648)
    Alex Sky
    I totally get where you're coming by https://exoticcarcare.ae/. EVs are great for short trips, but the need for frequent charging on longer journeys can be a hassle. Gas cars still have the edge in convenience for long drives. It's a tough call!