• Subscribe
  • Feedback on Cyber Security Startup (for Startups!)

Ryan
    4 replies
    Hi Everyone. I founded my first startup Venture Security (www.venturesecurity.co), taking my consultancy to the next level with venture security. A startup focused on providing Cyber Security to startups. In essence, you get access to a team of cybersecurity experts with an average of 10+ years of experience in the field. Keen to get as much feedback as I can.

Replies

Bryan McAnulty
    The site looks good! I may not be the exact target market, our team is just under 10 still and we're bootstrapped. I'd guess you are targeting venture backed startups? For us with a small team, enterprise Cloudflare service plus security contractors when needed is more affordable. I think there is a market for where you are positioned, but I'd work on making the value proposition in exactly what I get a bit more clear. Being able to call or get an audit is nice, but doesn't compel me to spend $8500/month if I don't know that you can fix potential issues for me. A bit of it comes off as "we found a problem, you should hire someone to fix this problem", but then having to pay for your service just to be told that. I get you might not want to be offering development time to fix a startup's issues, but if possible, showcasing a more clear process of what the startup gets could make the offer more enticing: "ie: we find the problem, then we provide you all this (and show it) so you can fix the problem". So even if you aren't fixing the problem directly, you are removing so much pain that the startup feels it is a no brainer. Hope that helps!
    Ryan
    @bryanmcanulty This is great feedback! Thank you. You are right that I need to highlight the value proposition better. We're Your very own Security Partner, Not Just Auditors. Think of us as an extension of your team. We don’t just point out problems; we set you up (yes, we do the implementation) with the right tools, resources, and knowledge to address them. I am planning on adding a bigger Security Engineering element to this as we grow. Cyber Security does need more implementers, compared to advisors. The aim is to bring a balance of both in an asynchronous format. Thanks again for the feedback. Wish you all the best with your business, I am bootstrapping too!
    Michael Jones
    I recently came across a cybersecurity solution aimed specifically at startups, which looks quite promising. JuicyScore offers tools that could be essential in preventing fraud and reducing risks, subsequently increasing the availability of online financial products. Their approach, using device authentication technologies and user behavior analysis, stands out. It allows the identification of devices belonging to the same user without relying on personal or sensitive data. They also detect anomalies and analyze user behavior for suspicious activities. This could be instrumental for monitoring financial product applications online, unveiling potential social fraud risks. More info here: https://juicyscore.ai/en/juicyscore.
    Sheila Byrns
    Our evaluation of the Cyber Security Startup was comprehensive, highlighting both strengths and areas for improvement. The team demonstrated a commendable understanding of cyber risk management, a crucial aspect in today's digital landscape. For valuable insights, we recommend reviewing https://nicolsonbray.com/insights/articles/understanding-cyber-risk-management. Enhancing certain aspects will further solidify their position in this competitive market, ensuring robust protection for clients and sustained growth.