• Subscribe
  • First 100 waitlist sign ups πŸ₯³

Simona O'Neill
    18 replies
    6 weeks to go until our planned launch and we just got our 100th CANVID early access sign up! It's proving harder than we thought, but I guess not many people are keen on joining mailing lists. Our goal is to have at least 500. Any tips on how we can build it up to that over the next few weeks? πŸ˜πŸ˜…

Replies

Roland Marlow
    Have you tried running ads? Before I launched my kickstarter, that is what I did. Created a landing page showcasing product, told them what was happening with Kickstarter, had an email signup form, and promoted it on Facebook. I got tons of signups, hundreds, if not thousands. (Back in 2019 so can't remember exact numbers off hand)
    Simona O'Neill
    @rmarlow oh cool ! We haven’t done any paid ads apart from posting short promo videos on social media and inviting people to join the waitlist. Must look into that. Thanks ☺️
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    Simonaaaa.. i can already smell a grand launch 😎, i would suggest keep outreaching using multiple channel. May be you keep outreaching to your prospects using my upcoming WhatsApp compliant WhatsApp marketing/outreaching software πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜…
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @simona_o_neill3 btw beta testing is coming soon, up for it? 😊
    Gevorg Nazaryan
    Congratulations! 🎊
    Jonathan Tahiry
    Congrats! But I am keen to know how you’ve got there? All the best in hitting the 500 πŸŽ‰
    Simona O'Neill
    @jonathantahiry Thank you! :-) We were posting and sharing very short promo videos on our social media and then added a link in comments to join the waitlist. We also started reaching out to people in our professional networks inviting to join the early access list. :-)
    Kellie O Hara
    Hi Simona! Congrats on your 100 signups! To gain momentum on future signups, my advice is to slightly pivot on your objective. It's not actually about the mailing list, it's about providing value in a way that they actually WANT to be on the mailing list. Think of your list as a party list that everyone wants to be invited to. Some question to ask yourself: Why is this party so amazing for your ICP (ideal customer profile)? What kind of amazing transformation will happen to your ICP when they attend this party? If you were your ICP, how would you entice yourself to attend this party? It's the same thing when launching a product/service. Your ICP don't care about the actual tech or product, they 100% care about what the product does and how it makes them feel (IE transformation). Tell your story in a personable exciting way to provide valuable information that makes people naturally drawn to you (the person/story behind it) and the transformation, and makes them want to get on that waiting list :D Gain genuine interest from people that naturally has them saying "Ah I can't wait for this, sign me up to be notified!" Remove the goal of "I want 500 signups by xyz" and replace it with "Let's tell our story to really address a real painpoint with a transformative solution for our ICP community, which has them knocking door our door to get in". Vanity metrics are not the aim, a quality community of ICP's IS the aim. The best way to gain authenticity and a genuine community of people actually wanting to be on your waiting list is to build your story in public (redacting IP and confidential info) and the transformation that happens when people use your product/service. People buy from people they know, like and trust (you), they don't buy from companies/products) :D This can be done organically/bootstrapped/free. Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions Goodluck with your launch! :D
    Simona O'Neill
    @thestartupwhisperer Thanks so much! Such a great advice πŸ€—Really helpful, and I agree with everything you said. That's exactly what we want to achieve and are currently making content that will tell our story and showcase the results people will be be able to achieve with our tool. The 500 number that I threw out there is just to have a measurable goal, because we need to get enough people to give us valuable feedback. People say that they will test it but then they don't. For different reasons. That's why the aim is always to have as many as possible. But as you said if they are genuinely interested in what we're building they'll want to be "at our party" :-).
    Kellie O Hara
    @simona_o_neill3 Most welcome! Yup the 500 (window shoppers) are collective measurable goals, then dissect it to include "engaged warm" (thinking about) & "engaged hot" (really interested) - these are the metrics to really focus on because they are thinking about and/or are really interested in joining your "party" :D Looking forward to following your story!