• Subscribe
  • Has ProductHunt Changed? Fewer Launches Get Featured – What's Happening?

Abdal Yousef
    13 replies
    I've noticed that in the last few weeks and months, far fewer launches are getting featured on ProductHunt. It used to be that many products got a chance in the spotlight, but now it seems like there's only 12-20 launches featured daily.

Replies

Abdal Yousef
    Jaeves: Content & Marketing AI Copilot
    I've noticed that in the last few weeks and months, far fewer launches are getting featured on ProductHunt. It used to be that many products got a chance in the spotlight, but now it seems like there's only 12-20 launches featured daily.
    Hussam
    I noticed that too and I am concerned about it!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It is a double sword – it is more clear when it comes to minimalism so you are not overwhelmed by many launches. On the other hand, we should choose what we want to see and what we like. Many interesting products I saw and even purchased were not in "featured" but in "all".
    Abdal Yousef
    @busmark_w_nika I totally agree with you, Nika. There are so many great launches, which are not in the Featured List. This is so sad.
    Abdal Yousef
    @busmark_w_nika Great product launches from many active PH members who spend countless hours on ProductHunt were not featured and this is horrible.
    Abdal Yousef
    @busmark_w_nika I believe that too! Positive change is always possible, but it might take some time. One thing that could happen is that if makers continue to feel overlooked, they might start exploring alternatives to Product Hunt. Some people are already doing that. If enough of the community shifts their attention elsewhere, Product Hunt’s traffic could take a hit, and that might prompt the team to re-evaluate their approach. What do you think could be done to encourage Product Hunt to make changes sooner rather than later? You should do something about it, Queen ;-)
    Eduardo Pinillos
    Or could it be that the truly innovative stuff is happening off the beaten path?
    Julia Zakharova
    Do you plan to launch on the platform again?
    Abdal Yousef
    @julia_zakharova2 yes, we will launch soon. No matter how hard it gets to be featured on ProductHunt. I consider myself as a ProductHunt enthusiast and I have connected with more than 4000 PH active users on LinkedIn alone ;-) I think if you do everything right, the probability of getting featured is high, but not guaranteed.
    Abdal Yousef
    @julia_zakharova2 what about you?are you planning to launch soon?