• Subscribe
  • How can you stop intrusive thoughts and stressful memories from replaying in your mind?

Neha
    5 replies

Replies

Ena Gluhakovic
    I treat my intrusive thoughts like conspiracy theories from the pigeons' underground network. I demand evidence, demand logic, and watch them scatter like feathers in the wind.
    Sree
    Sometimes I like to make a joke out of "intrusive thoughts" that pop up in certain situations, and that helps to lighten the mood a lot (though I made a name for myself in my group for being the friend with "dark humour"). If you do have memories that cause you stress, I would try to figure out what are the triggers that cause it and try to control them. Also, understand that whatever happened in the past are memories now. You can cherish them, or learn from them.
    Omar Faruk
    Damn! where did you tap in? Always difficult. I just channel my thoughts into doing something that's rewarding. Would like to know yours.
    JD Worcester
    Literally touch 5 things around me...helps bring me back into the present.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Hey, to keep intrusive thoughts at bay, try imagining those stressors as pop-up ads - just click the mental X button and focus on better content - like cat videos or coding puzzles!