• Subscribe
  • How do you ask for help from people who are ahead of you?

Sepideh Yazdi
    7 replies

Replies

Brian Hurst
    This is gonna sound like a stupid answer, but honestly: just ask. People who are ahead of you have often been in your shoes, and even if they can't offer any tangible help, many will part with very good advice. The worst thing they can tell you is "no," so I say just go for it! I think you'll find that people are more generous than you expect.
    andi wir
    Be specific about what you need help with. The more specific you can be, the easier it will be for the person you're asking to help you. For example, instead of saying "Can you help me with my presentation?", say "Can you help me with the slide on market trends? I'm not sure how to best visualize the data."
    Kyle Henz
    Be prepared to work hard.
    Be honest and tell them you need a help. GENUINE HELP.
    Adam Goetz
    It's always good to start with a compliment on what you like that they've done! From there.... just ask! If it's applicable to them, they're likely to respond. People who are obsessed with their craft, love talking to people about it.
    William Willey
    Show your appreciation for the person's help. Send them a thank-you note or offer to return the favor in the future.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    Ahead of you in what way?