• Subscribe
  • How do you change your mindset to stay just as stay focused on your own business as your day job?

Dustin J Miller
    5 replies
    For those of you who are starting off or already started their business or product journey how do you change your mindset to stay just as focused on your project as your day job? There is just something different about needing to be at work at a certain time or even needing to wake up at a certain time to catch a flight.

Replies

Carmela Padasas
    maybe its more of like to build your habits on what you are working on
    Dustin J Miller
    @carmela_padasas, I agree the right habits and systems are important. I think what I'm getting at is has anyone figured out how to elicit the same feeling that you have when you have to go to work or you have to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to catch a flight. That feeling would be great if you could apply it to your personal projects. It seems really difficult to do personally speaking. Less consequences when you don't work on something of your own. 😅
    Dr Doomain
    For me it is much easier to focus on my project than on my job.
    Ahmed M. Hussien
    Create a schedule: Set aside specific times during the day to work on your business. This could be early in the morning, during lunch breaks, or in the evenings. Having a structured routine will help you stay focused and make the most of your time. Set goals: Establish clear goals for your business and create a plan to achieve them. This will give you direction and motivation to stay focused on your business even when you are busy with your day job. those will help you the most
    Dustin J Miller
    @a_hussein All great tips! If I may ask, what do you do when you find yourself lacking the motivation? I would say something that I've been thinking about lately is how there is now natural consequences for you not working on your project. It's a lot easier to find motivation/fear to finish a work project with the thought of loosing your job if you don't.