• Subscribe
  • How do you do ColdOutreach™ on linkedIn? 🥶

André J
    8 replies
    Steve Jobs once said: "Asking for help is a superpower, I've never found anybody that didn't want to help me if I asked them for help." What is your playbook when you ask for help from strangers on linkedin? And what sort of things do you ask feedback for? mentorship?, or guidance on a probem you want to solve? or? 👇 Share your insight 🙏

Replies

I don't ask for any help. I share some useful resources related to the problem that the product solves. For example, for BaliBam I share a presentation about Client Retention. The presentation is branded, of course. But it should flow like a friendly conversation.
    André J
    @alessio_mavica Aha, so you use it primarily for directly selling something? What's the success rate on that? Do you get rate limited by LinkedIn or do you stay within the limits?
    @sentry_co I'm not selling right now, but making connections. And they ask me for the project. So I invite them to try BaliBam. I haven't reached the rate limit so far. That's something important you have to keep in mind :)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    You Know what I am like. :-D
    Cara (Borenstein) Marin
    Hi André! Re-sharing here in case it helps - I find that it helps to first be very specific about who I'm trying to reach and why (e.g. people who used Hackpad at Stripe) and then ask for feedback (if that's what I want). If we have some affinity, I think that can help too. I'm also sure not to send too many so I can really personalize and explain why I'm specifically reaching out to this person (definitely makes me read cold outreach more carefully when it's thoughtfully personalized and well-written). A few months back I had an interesting "wake up" call in cold outreach. I came across someone on twitter posting about a topic relevant to a product I was working on. He had written several thoughtful posts that made me think he'd have some really great ideas. I felt creepy to link to those tweets (some were a little while back) so in the cold outreach I just introduced myself and asked if he'd be open to sharing feedback. He responded right away that he was offended at how little time I spent personalizing the message and he did not want to help. I wrote back apologizing and describing more in detail the tweets I saw that made me want to reach out. He told me that if I had started there, he would have been happy to help.
    André J
    @cara_jacqueline Some nice insight here. Ive read this, that people want personalised outreach. Im not so sure tho, I mean AI can do that now, and very well soon enough. indistinguishable from human personalisation and thoughtfulness. I have a hunch that we don't want personalisation, instead we want timing and the right context. Personalised cold outreach is just advance cold outreach with some webs scrapping attached and synthesised. Aka spam. I think Context and timing will be the thing we validate for authenticity in the future. Until that is gamed too. 😅 Or maybe it can't be "gamed". Every meaningful interaction I experienced had these 3 ingredients: Timing, context and some sort of personal fit. The intersection has to be just right. And it doesn't always have to be perfect, sometimes it needs a little uncovering.
    Brian Wong
    I usually lead with a question and take it from there!