• Subscribe
  • How do you leverage Slack / Discord communities? What are your favorites?

Martina Hackbartt
    4 replies
    Hey, hunters! Hope you are making a fantastic week so far. So... we all know how important community building is. Recently, I've come across several discussions and blog posts that encourage Slack and Discord channels. How do you, personally, work towards building a community there? Any tips for newbies?

Replies

Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    Active Discord user here. Our product/service was originated on Discord and we continue to operate out of Discord, even for product management we prefer it over notion as we take advantage of server & messaging features to create to-do lists, discuss on specific features, etc. For community building, depending what your target user base is Discord would be a great place to get the word out, interact with users and answer questions, or give real-time updates. There are some useful 'server listing' websites you can put your community on that would work great for search engines- whenever sometimes types keywords related to your product/service and 'discord server'. Discord has way more users, but average age of Discord users is younger than the average Slack user.
    Evans Theodore
    This article is very good. I think this is one of the best posts that has ever been written. Your work is great and gives me ideas. Thank you very much five nights at freddy's