• Subscribe
  • How do you typically disconnect during the weekends?

Nico Spijker
    11 replies

Replies

Nico Spijker
    @nicolechaplin Yup! I actively try to plan activities alone or with friends to make sure I'm away from my screens.
    Jetmir Haxhiavdyli
    The last 2 years, I didn't have weekends. Kept rocking 70hour weeks. And it quite draining to be honest. I take Saturday nights for myself but then rinse and repeat everyday. I don't think I need to work that much, it's just that if I do less, I feel useless.
    Nico Spijker
    @jetmir_haxhiavdyli Do you feel like all 70 hours are spent productively? I usually notice I reach the limit of my productivity after a certain amount of time and switch to something else (gym, socializing, a book or something else that's more relaxing/non-work related). This makes it easier to recharge and subsequently start the next day/week with more energy. There are definitely some weeks where I work more but I usually try to balance it out with a more relaxed week in the following weeks.
    Jetmir Haxhiavdyli
    @nicolaas_spijker No, it's not all productivity, I have around 4-5 meetings a day, then a few hours on design and a few hours on research and brainstorming. The other half of the day on the evenings I spend on my product.
    MD Amirul Islam
    Anytime you need to “disconnect” all you have to do is meditate. You might want to get a shri yantra to stare at while you meditate. I bought mine online, (starts with an e) The best time to meditate is in the morning, after sleeping all night your mind has had a chance to lose all momentum from the day's thoughts. When you sleep your mind has a chance to “clear the deck” so your mind has a fresh start to work with before your day begins. Another great way to disconnect is watching a really good movie. Thank you for your question and I hope this helps.
    Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    binge netflix
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    BeforeSunset AI
    Launching soon!
    I don't check social media. Because I'm a digital marketer, my all social media accounts are related with business connections and contents. Therefore, I really try to keep myself away from social media platforms (I also don't check my slack notifications). I also try to spend time with my family, my boyfriend, and my friends. Because I'm a remote worker and spend most of my time at home, I usually don't stay at home during weekends. lol