• Subscribe
  • How I got 30+ beta users with one post.

Slim Geransar
    12 replies
    When beta testing, it’s critical to get your target audience to test it and not you mum and friends (who will not give you real feedback) So I went over to Reddit, found the appropriate subreddit that my target audience uses, messaged the moderator and was honest. Just told them I needed the communities support as I am creating a product to solve one of the biggest problems discussed here. I gave them the opportunity to look at it and they allowed me to post it. I got great feedback to the point I had to make several needed changes. Now I believe I have a product that will be even more useful to my audience. I hope this is helpful to those looking for beta testers.

Replies

Simona O'Neill
    That’s a really great idea. Thanks for sharing. I do think that Reddit is one of the best places to get honest feedback.
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    Thats great, but i am still havent been able to get used to reddit. Need to spend more time on reddit i think 😅
    Yemi Oyepeju
    As a UX Researcher, I agree and approve this message. Recruiting on related subreddits is a good idea and I shall try it. I'm currently creating a coupons survey and will include Reddit in my distribution channels.
    Lakshya Singh
    This was a good idea! When are you launching on PH?
    Alexis Joey
    I crafted a compelling post on a relevant online community, highlighting the unique value of my product. I focused on solving a specific pain point and offered beta access as an exclusive opportunity for early adopters. Emphasizing limited spots created a sense of urgency. Clear and concise messaging, coupled with engaging visuals, captured users' attention. I actively engaged with comments, addressing queries and building a sense of community. Leveraging social proof, I shared positive testimonials and success stories from initial testers. The combination of a targeted message, exclusivity, urgency, and community engagement contributed to the rapid acquisition of 30+ beta users in just one post. Cronaldo