• Subscribe
  • How many days in advance do you start preparing for your launch?

Jerry Zhang
    16 replies
    I'm recently thinking about launching my product at the end of February and I'm hoping to find hunters, I know I can publish a pre-release page up to a month in advance, so if I find a hunter now, is that useless? Because there is no way to create a pre-release page? Or am I understanding it wrong? Can someone answer my confusion?

Replies

Vivek Sharma
    I generally start at least 60 days prior
    Unofficial Product Hunt Chrome Plugin
    Start preparing for your launch ASAP. Start ramping up your activities on PH. What do you mean by finding a hunter? Do you want someone else to post your product for you? You can post your own launch and future date it by 30 days from memory. If you need a PH launch checklist, I recently posted one on Twitter. I don't think I can put the Twitter link here in this discussion, but you can find it on my PH profile https://www.producthunt.com/@jgani
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @jgani Thanks for the detailed answer. I am confused about this point. For example, if I want to release a product on 2024-02-26, can I look for hunters now?
    @hacksman Apparently getting someone else to hunt your product was common, but lately this practice has been discouraged (not sure why, I only saw someone else mention it). If you submit your launch yourself, you can future date it by 30 days. However if you want someone else to hunt your product, then you should reach out to them now, and discuss the specific launch date with that person.
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @jgani Very useful experience. In addition, I found that the release date can be modified. I found that it seems that the first time I set it, it can be extended for up to 30 days. There is also an opportunity to extend this date in the future.
    Iqra Arif
    The preparation timeline for a launch varies, but a common approach is to start planning and preparing several weeks to a few months in advance.
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    Hey Jerry i believe its a best practice to start at least 30 days earlier
    It's great to hear that you're gearing up for a product launch at the end of February! The ideal timing for preparing your launch really depends on the nature of your product and your specific marketing strategy. While it's true that you can publish a pre-release page up to a month in advance, finding a hunter now is definitely not useless. Engaging with potential hunters early on can help generate buzz and build anticipation for your launch. Even without a pre-release page, you can still start building relationships with the Product Hunt community, gather feedback, and even secure some early supporters. If you'd like, I'd be happy to discuss some creative ways to drum up interest and make the most of the time leading up to your launch. Feel free to share more about your product, and we can brainstorm some strategies together.
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @felix_f_tao Thanks for sharing. This is my product. 👉 https://thinkbuff.com/ Do you have any suggestions?
    Jaxon Smith
    Preparation typically starts around 4-6 weeks before the launch date.
    Sandeep Bhandari
    A Loan Calculator is a financial tool used to estimate the monthly payments and total interest cost of a loan based on the loan amount, interest rate, and loan term. It helps borrowers make informed decisions about their borrowing options. https://calculatoruniverse.com/l...
    Manok Na Pula
    Just as players meticulously strategize and prepare in advance for their next moves in Manok Na Pula, launching requires careful planning and preparation. Every detail is considered to ensure a successful and seamless experience for all involved.