• Subscribe
  • How many users here use Notion?

Reid C
    10 replies
    Do you ever want to share your Notion with someone else? What are the pros and cons?

Replies

Michael Gammon
    I haven't used it much, but it's been recommended by someone I trust, so it's worth checking out. The AI looks great and we are thinking of using something similiar for our plan pages - We're launching our generative AI financial software on Product Hunt today Reid, please support šŸš€ ā¤ļø
    Reid C
    @michael_gammon Do you have a link to your launch?
    Skyler Holobach
    I ADORE Notion. Absolutely adore it. I use it both for work and between myself and my husband. Personally, we have shared pages for things like the weekly food menu and groceries, tracking our home renovation project, and keeping track of things like dog medical records. I have private pages for things like goal tracking, addresses, random notes to self, my to-read bookshelf, etc. Professionally, I use it to keep track of product priorities, inform the rest of the company around what's inflight, what's about to be released, and the roadmap, and organize the various projects/teams I work with. I've found it to be the best tool I have for cross-organizational communication. Cons, the AI is effectively useless for what I use Notion for, so I'd not buy into the hype. It also costs as much for AI as it does for a basic account. There's also some weird bugs with it on mobile that can make it frustrating to work with, and if a database gets super large (I have a DB with 700 rows), it can get a bit wonky.
    Reid C
    @skyler_h Appreciate the feedback, super insightful. I've used it quite a bit as well, and we've decided to build on top of the platform and try and improve things like the sharing capabilities, analytics and turning the notes into a presentation. For me it felt like the sharing capabilities were a bit limited so that's why we've decided to build around the ecosystem. Am curious to see if others have run into similar challenges.
    Iā€™m a notion avoider turned notion believer! Share with cofounder! Pros is how customizable it is. Cons is learning curve. How about you my friend?
    Reid C
    @slimmy82 Love it Slim! I actually really like using Notion. TBH with DEX we copied a lot of the UI for it, but we realized we were having trouble getting users to adopt another tool, so instead now we're going to build on top of Notion and provide the analytics and presentation mode for it in the ecosystem.