• Subscribe
  • How to think outside the box with AI tools?

LisaKim
    12 replies
    How should we use AI tools as mere "tools", and keep pushing ourselves to be better? My concern relates to the human's natural instinct to work smarter, not harder. For example, I've been noticing instances of myself being less creative in my tasks. In my defense, AIs are so smart nowadays! I would like to know how your product can be used as a "tool" and your personal tactics for staying creative with AI 🙏

Replies

Richa Sharma
    Upscale: The Sales Engagement Platform
    Upscale: The Sales Engagement Platform
    The drawback of AI is that it gives you generic ideas. You need to mold it to become specific to you/your product. I think that's how you really "think outside the box" of AI tools.
    Maya A
    InterviewJam
    InterviewJam
    @richa_sharma07 totally agree with this. It takes a lot more effort with AI to come up with specific and tailored ideas
    LisaKim
    @richa_sharma07 @mayaa.17 Hmm.. become a pro at using the tool.. sounds like a repetitive theme to when tools like Photoshop or Jupyter first came out! Totally agreed, Super interesting 🤔
    Catherine Norris
    It's so tricky! It can be really easy to just let the AI do the work for you...but it really doesn't push us to better ourselves and spark our creativity. For me, I use AI to do all the boring, time-consuming stuff. I use Collato to find information, give me answers to basic questions so I don't have to bug my coworkers, or organize documentation into something useful. While writing prompts can sometimes help overcome mental blocks, I never end up using exactly what AI writes for me in copy. Since it's pulling from sources which already exist, I want to make something new and cool--not something that people have heard 100x already.
    LisaKim
    @catherine_norris So you simply allow the AI to kick things off for you, but you gain control over the rest, it seems like! Excellent strategy. Thanks for this :)
    Richard Gao
    I think a good way to think outside the box is thinking "how can I sell shovels in this gold rush?" You see this with all the AI newsletters and AI tool directories. So it might help to think, how can I go a level deeper and serve these businesses? That was the thought process behind evoke-app.com, which hosts open source AI models on the cloud for devs and businesses building AI apps
    David Cagigas
    You need to train that AI model to get best result. Treat it like a child with a gigantic brain and memory. I think it'll work the best that way.
    Ahmed M. Hussien
    Explore different AI tools: There are a variety of AI tools available, each with their unique features and capabilities. By exploring different tools, you can uncover new possibilities and think outside the box. and goodluck
    LisaKim
    @a_hussein Great tip, thanks! Are there any favorite AI tools that you're using?
    Ahmed M. Hussien
    @mycelebs_elle notion just added Ai in it and it's great for brain storming chat gpt too can be really helpful