• Subscribe
  • How/where did you make your Product Hunt launch video?

Gaurav Sharma
    11 replies
    Product Hunt strongly recommends putting a launch video, and I see a lot of launches with videos. Some of them are product walkthroughs with a screen recording and others are more polished videos with motion graphics and animations. Makers who launched their products with videos, did you make it yourselves, in-house or did you use an service? How did you make the videos if you made it yourselves/in-house?

Replies

Daniel Zaitzow
    I am currently working with a company - Happy to keep you updated once I have my final iteration. Don't want to recommend a company without knowing what the final product will look like. Lots of people have suggested: upwork / fiverr - I found some content I liked and reached out to the company making it.
    Gaurav Sharma
    @dzaitzow Thanks for sharing, are you launching soon as well? I did not see the teaser. Good luck in any case!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @grvsharma Not launching too soon but we're starting to build out some of the IP needed for a launch. Our product is relatively flushed out but we will be launching to our beta cohort / mailing list first so no rush to go live on here!
    Rohan Pathak
    @dzaitzow Thank you for the insights Daniel. even I would love to follow this thread so I can keep in mind that exactly I can get my video done for the future
    adam albo
    I helped with some ph videos, I can tell that most of them make it themselves.
    Gaurav Sharma
    @suchback Awesome Adam! We might seek your feedback too if you are up for it. What tools are people using for such videos?
    Pankhuri Garg
    Creating a launch video for your product hunt product launch is crucial. I strongly recommend that you create the video with your in-house team as it will give you a more hands on experience. If you do not have an in-house team to make the video, I urge that you get it made by an agency. Do not try to make this launch video on your own as there are chances that you will screw it royally.
    Gaurav Sharma
    @pankhurigarg Thank you Pankhuri, do you also have tools recommendation. What are people using these days. We are also building a video editor and would like to reduce the friction exponentially on making demo and product education videos.