• Subscribe
  • In over 20.9k tweets, I’ve had 6 go viral, each with over 5 million views. AMA

Mick Essex
    7 replies

Replies

Rico
    What theses 5 tweets have in commons did you find any interesting repeating schema ?
    Mick Essex
    @ricoboost that's the funny part. They really had nothing in common, other than I had already tweeted several times that day. The important part was engaging with anyone who commented or RT'd it, but also anyone who just liked it, I would @ them in a comment and ask them a qualifying question.
    Arz
    What’s your tip for those who’re just starting on Twitter to grow their personal brand?
    Mick Essex
    @arzmn Hey Arz! The first big boost I saw (when I had 26 followers) was when I made friends with someone who already had a large following. We talked via DM for several days; then, she tweeted what's called a 'boost tweet.' In the boost tweet, she told her followers that I was someone who was knowledgeable and trustworthy and that they should follow me, too. I got over 1,500 followers in less than 24 hours, and I had my first viral tweet by the end of that week. 2 months later I was over the coveted 5k follower mark, and it just took off from there. I was averaging around 200 tweets a day at that time and hit 10k followers in less than 6 months.
    Alexandr Builov
    Hey Mick! 👋 Your viral tweets are super impressive🚀. Were there any common traits or themes you noticed among them? Did a similar format or content style appeal to the audience more often? Would love to know more to understand what resonates with users. 😊 💡