• Subscribe
  • Is Product Hunt still worth it?

Matous Kralik
    10 replies
    It feels like every day there are about 100 launches, but most of those are just copied Code Canyon scripts or something based on the OpenAI API. When you try to launch a REAL SaaS with genuine effort and a team behind it, it seems to just disappear amid the sheer volume of these weird clickbaits. What is your experience? Oh, and by the way - we are launching tomorrow (20 people, 5 years of work behind and scaling, wish us luck): https://www.producthunt.com/products/boost-space

Replies

Karel Příbramský
    Absolutely, Product Hunt is still worth it. While the platform sees a high volume of launches, quality and innovation stand out. Genuine SaaS efforts with a dedicated team can indeed gain visibility. It's essential to craft a compelling story, engage with the community, and leverage Product Hunt's reach to showcase your product's value. Success on Product Hunt often requires strategic planning and active participation, but it remains a valuable platform for genuine products.
    Shambhavi Mahajan
    Good luck! We launched ChatGPT Wrapped (by Hexus AI) today. Get your personalized 2023 prompt stats. Easy sharing to showcase your ChatStats. It’s like a Spotify Wrapped for your ChatGPT interactions! Could you support us? Check here: posts/chatgpt-wrapped-2 Thanks!
    Stefan Wirth
    👰 Maid of Speeches
    👰 Maid of Speeches
    Very subjective TBH. These things are not time in, time out. It's probably more worth it in the early stages, not so much for mature products. But the truth is, you never know who's looking.
    Nico Spijker
    @nafetswirth In my team we see PH as "black box marketing" Will it provide value? Maybe. Worth trying? Sure.
    Stefan Wirth
    👰 Maid of Speeches
    👰 Maid of Speeches
    @nicolaas_spijker Yup. I mean can exposure be bad? Not really. Will it be a lot. We will see haha.
    Archie Max
    First, don't let what others launch discourage you from going full beast mode with yours. At the end of the day, it's about having a long-term vision. Even if you would only get a handful of users through Product Hunt, you may just end up gaining early adopters who will be your biggest champions and spread the word on their own platforms. So I think every effort in ethically promoting the results of our hard work is worth it, regardless of how small or big the success.
    Annie Chopra
    We launched an edtech app on PH - I believe its worth it! Because unlike many communities PH community is keen on giving feedback, watching you grow, and supporting your success! But more than anything it is good to get noticed for potential PR through newsletters as well as SEO