• Subscribe
  • Is time tracking a part of your work routine?

Michal Balšianka
    3 replies
    IT freelancers, do you often switch time tracking tool based on the project or team? Have you ever had to track your time in multiple tools simultaneously? Share your experiences and challenges with this aspect of freelancing 🙏

Replies

chanchal chakrachhattri
    Yes - Time tracking is a part of my routine. I use https://app.clockify.me/tracker Here (on the free version) I have to start the time tracker manually. If it was suppose to be done automatically then it would make more sense. Also the payment angle has to come in. There is a dedicated hourly rate for all the different clients (for me and my team) that needs to be considered. There should be a reports section which I can send to the client or an automatic report to be sent to their email id on a weekly basis. The time tracker should be aligned with a meeting recorded like fireflies so that the recording link is automatically fetched in it. These would be my main pointers here. Makes sense?
    Michal Balšianka
    @jr_roundumbrella thanks for the comment, it sure makes sense. Have you worked on many projects for different companies in the past? If so, did each company have their own time tracking tool that you were forced to use? (Each tool works a little differently, so it might be missing your favorite feature like automatic time tracking or something else that could be a bummer
    Lukáš Figura
    Sadly, yes. Almost every time I have to log the time in multiple time-tracking tools because everybody use his own. So when the time is most expensive commodity there should be some solution, how to solve it.