• Subscribe
  • JS components

pengms
    1 reply
    Curious which components explicitly require our JavaScript and Popper? If you’re at all unsure about the general page structure, keep reading for an example page template. Alerts for dismissing Buttons for toggling states and checkbox/radio functionality Carousel for all slide behaviors, controls, and indicators Collapse for toggling visibility of content Dropdowns for displaying and positioning (also requires Popper) Modals for displaying, positioning, and scroll behavior Navbar for extending our Collapse and Offcanvas plugins to implement responsive behaviors Navs with the Tab plugin for toggling content panes Offcanvases for displaying, positioning, and scroll behavior Scrollspy for scroll behavior and navigation updates Toasts for displaying and dismissing Tooltips and popovers for displaying and positioning (also requires Popper) Important globals Bootstrap employs a handful of important global styles and settings, all of which are almost exclusively geared towards the normalization of cross browser styles. Let’s dive in. HTML5 doctype Bootstrap requires the use of the HTML5 doctype. Without it, you’ll see some funky and incomplete styling. Bootstrap is indeed easier to use. My js and css are currently local and I don’t use the cdn version. I will try it another day and see if the online version is much faster. Attached below are the js and css addresses of the cdn version for everyone. The following ones are bootstrap that other sites do not use. Viewport meta Bootstrap is developed mobile first, a strategy in which we optimize code for mobile devices first and then scale up components as necessary using CSS media queries. To ensure proper rendering and touch zooming for all devices, add the responsive viewport meta tag to your .