• Subscribe
  • Launching first Product on Product Hunt: need your insights!

andrew w
    8 replies
    After building my first ever product and browsing the product hunt community long enough, I'm eager to take the plunge and launch it soon. When I did some research, some of the top things recommended were to build a following, email list, and etc before the launch. But I only have a modest collection of emails from my Google Ads campaign. Anxiety is creeping in, and a part of me just wants to dive right in and launch. Is this a sensible approach? How can I mitigate the risk of failure? Will flopping carry significant consequences? I must admit I'm intimidated and in uncharted territory to all of this, I would appreciate any advice, thanks!!

Replies

Ahmed Yassin
    Hire someone who is capable of marketing if you want guaranteed success in your SaaS journey. You already have the product, and it's challenging to avoid errors and mistakes, especially as someone who is starting their first SaaS venture. Therefore, getting someone who is capable of creating a winning marketing strategy is essential. Comment on your landing page nav bar: make it smaller, something like decipad.com P.S. Do not even think about hiring people from Upwork and Fiverr. Most of them have read two books and believe that's sufficient. if you need any help with setting up VSLs, explainer videos, YouTube ads, or demo videos for your product, please let me know (truggl.com)
    Rahul
    @patrick_kessler hi Patrick your profile seems great. Would like to discuss some projects with you ?
    Garen Orchyan
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    1) Be active 2) Support others 3) Build community
    Stefan Pettersson
    Coffee Companion
    Coffee Companion
    Unless your target audience is makers, launcing on PH is more like a fun, vanity thing that may temporarily generate a peak of users checking your product out and then shorlty thereafter leave. See it more like the symbolic start of many, many iterations. With each you will learn, and improve and inch yourself towards a product market fit.
    Developer X
    First of all wish the best and congratulations. second point is language of communication with audiences. I don't mean English etc language, I mean the way of communication, the way of marketing. There should be someone really has expertise about that. and another pint is network and interactions.