• Subscribe
  • O.k. to ask existing audience/users to "warm your account"?

Sjoerd Handgraaf
    6 replies
    I've read in several of the guides / templates you should ask your existing audience to create a PH account ahead of the launch, and ask them something like: "please make an account before launch if you’re interested in supporting us and upvote some launches you like in the lead up to launch to warm up your account" To me, that sounds just as bad as asking for an upvote?

Replies

ISTIAK AHMAD
    Hey Man, i think if they create create account early that should be enough. Because, people who are not interested to continue using PH , they will not likely to warm up the account to support your launch. Its better to engage within PH to get support from warmed up accounts and if you have userbase they should just create account early and that should be enough.
    Sjoerd Handgraaf
    @istiakahmad Thanks! I think I'll follow @felix_f_tao 's advice and try to emphasize the value of PH to our users.
    It's great to hear that you're considering ways to engage your existing audience ahead of your launch on Product Hunt. Encouraging them to create a PH account and upvote some launches they like is indeed a common practice to "warm up" their accounts. I completely understand your concern about it sounding similar to asking for upvotes. The intention here is not to ask for artificial upvotes, but rather to familiarize your audience with the platform and encourage genuine engagement with the community. Instead of framing it as "warming up your account," you could consider emphasizing the value of being an active member of the Product Hunt community and the benefits of early engagement with your launch. Ultimately, the goal is to foster authentic interactions and build a supportive community around your product. I'd be happy to discuss further strategies for engaging your audience on Product Hunt if you'd like.
    Sjoerd Handgraaf
    @felix_f_tao Thanks, makes sense. I've been struggling with rephrasing it, as admittedly, there might not actually be that much benefit for our users to be on PH, besides supporting us.