• Subscribe
  • Remote co-founders: Can it work?

Borja DR
    16 replies
    Building a startup requires working closely with your co-founder. But is it possible to do that if you are both remote?

Replies

Elena Tsemirava
    Yes, it works at least for our team. We meet in person a couple of times a year, but we communicate remotely just fine the rest of the time. So, I don’t see any problems at all.
    Borja DR
    @elenat I'm in a similar situation, and I believe it can work, even if it's not ideal in my opinion. Like everything, it has its own pros and cons.
    Kaushik Mukherjee
    Percept Pixel
    Percept Pixel
    Launching soon!
    If there is absolute discreet responsibilities then perhaps. Even in that case I wld proceed with caution.
    Kelly Kim
    Launching soon!
    To be honest, I actually prefer working offline.
    Fabian Maume
    Yes. You just need to know how to work remotly
    Robin P.
    Launching soon!
    It certainly can work (I've been doing this for years now), good communication is key. That said, working in the same space would be more motivating and probably more efficient.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    yes. and it can do great wonders if you have the right team with you.
    Trinity Barnes
    It seems like it can totally work. With the right tools and communication, you can stay on the same page and collaborate effectively.
    Blake Harper
    The key is having clear goals and regular check-ins to ensure everyone is aligned.
    Nathan Covey
    Yes! It has been working well for my co-founder and I
    Anish Hessa
    Yes, it can work! With the right communication tools, remote co founder can collaborate just as effectively as in person teams.
    Miele brown
    . I think its tough. Nothing bets face to face interaction when trying to build something from scratch
    Leslie Conner
    Absolutely! My co founder and I live in different countries, and we’ve been able to grow our startup successfully with regular video calls and clear division of tasks.
    Sage Turner
    I've found that remote co-founders can absolutely work, especially with the right communication tools in place.
    Kenneth Ray
    My experience with remote teams shows that trust and accountability are key. As long as both co-founders are committed, it can thrive.
    Martin Peters
    I have seen some successful remote co-founders build strong relationships through virtual brainstorming sessions and shared projects. It just takes effort!