• Subscribe
  • Salespeople, what is the hardest objection so far, and how do you handle it?

Andrea Forca
    4 replies
    I'm currently building a list of objections and how to manage them. Any advice or propositions from your experience?

Replies

Alice Ko
    For me, it depends on the category: (1) are you entering a space with tons of competitors or (2) are you creating a brand new category of product? If it is (1) the hardest sales objection I've been met with is (a) High cost of switching solutions - change management is real! (b) What we have is working absolutely just fine. Unless you are 10x cheaper or significantly cheaper - we are not interested! If it is (2) the hardest sales objection will be proving out the value/ROI of your product and solution. In my experience, testimonials, social proof, case studies help with both of the above.
    Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
    For startups and entrepreneurs, the most challenging and intimidating is the objection that we're new and small. Here's how to handle it: Agility and Flexibility: Emphasize your ability to adapt quickly to changes and customer needs. Highlight that as a smaller company, you can make decisions faster, pivot when necessary, and provide more personalized solutions. Innovation: Showcase your innovative spirit and willingness to disrupt the status quo. Small companies often have a culture of experimentation and creativity that can lead to groundbreaking solutions. Niche Expertise: Position your startup as an expert in a specific niche or industry segment. Concentrate your efforts on becoming the go-to provider for a particular subset of customers rather than trying to serve a broad market. Customer-Centric Focus: Stress your commitment to exceptional customer service. Smaller companies can often provide a more personalized and attentive customer experience, which can be a competitive advantage. PS. go to chatgpt, tell it what you do and who you sell to. then ask it to generate potential sales objections. then ask it how you should deal with them.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @drewsalesplaybookbuilder Love the advice to go to GPT and ask for help generating responses for sales objections!
    Tomas Papazian
    "I have to ask my wife" 😕. Something that really helped me to handle objections is to record calls with their permission (you can use OBS for that). In case they need to discuss the decision with someone else who could not get on the call, I send the recording in order for their pairs to be on the same page. The best case scenario, of course, is to have them both on the call in order to handle their daught and make them feel confident about what they are buying. Hope you find these ideas helpful. Would love to connect and share some more value with you with some documents with takeaways from what I mentioned to you previously.