• Subscribe
  • Share an unconventional tactic that boosted your startup's performance.

Vlad Zivkovic
    16 replies

Replies

Annie Patterson
    fellow entrepreneurs! I'd love to hear about any unique and effective strategies you've implemented that gave your startup a significant performance boost—let's inspire each other with unconventional tactics on Product Hunt!
    Syed Muhammad Shoaib Iqbal Shah
    We organized an online hackathon to engage our customer base. We invited them to collaborate on solving product-related challenges. This not only made our customers feel more connected to our brand, but it also generated a lot of valuable ideas and insights from our customers that we implemented in our product.
    Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
    listening intently to customers and prospects.
    Savannah Scott
    One unconventional tactic that boosted our startup's performance was implementing a referral program with a unique twist. Instead of offering traditional referral rewards, we decided to gamify the process. We created a points-based system where users earned points for referring friends, engaging with our platform, and completing certain actions.
    Nick Anisimov
    My most unconventional tactic is to do what you want. You don't always have to blindly follow the advice from a book or a YouTube video. If you make a mistake, you can't blame someone else.
    kehinde omojowo
    Provide my customers lesser service fee as bonus to help them use and test my product.
    Jenny Yu
    We discovered a lot merchants / business owners that might be interested in our users as their potential customers and educated those business users the importance of launching their advertisement or sending out their marketing message through the platform we created. Education about the importance is always important.
    Bhanu Gogia
    @jenny_yu31 I agree, making a potential customer aware is of utmost importance, if you're solving a right problem!
    Bhanu Gogia
    Teamwork! Pretty unconventional these days.
    Apollon Latsoudis
    Launched a closed doors invite only interactive storytelling game with puzzles showcasing the softwares features. This was really fun and allowed us to expand our imagination and find out what the software limits are
    Kunal Mehta
    We implemented a gamification feature that rewarded users with points and badges for completing learning tasks, encouraging healthy competition and engagement. This unconventional tactic significantly increased user retention and motivation, driving notable growth for our edtech application.
    Batuhan Tekmen
    I shared useful posts on reddit subs that also include my app link. But post quality should align with the sub and you should include your app link at the same time, which is where your creativity should come into play.
    Mr Simon
    Traditionally, startups focus on celebrating successes, milestones, and achievements. However, embracing a culture that celebrates failures can be an unconventional yet effective tactic to foster innovation, resilience, and continuous learning within a startup environment.https://schoenhalde.de/
    Severus Snape
    One unconventional tactic that has shown promising results for startups is the gamification of customer engagement. By incorporating game-like elements into their products or services, startups can increase user engagement, drive customer loyalty, and differentiate themselves in competitive markets. https://www.hotel-lavignasse.com/