• Subscribe
  • The easiest way to lose a customer.

mashelenn
    9 replies
    I received an email with an offer to buy photography courses at a discount of up to 20%. The second offer gave an even bigger discount- 30% if you bought three courses at once. The price of the courses seemed low enough for me to accept the offer. But. There was one thing that prevented me from making the purchase. There was not an active link in the Course Title. This means that I cannot see what is included in the course. Looking for information elsewhere is an additional action and time. I closed the email and decided to write this post for you. Maybe my experience as a failed buyer will help you with optimizing your offer and your potential customers will click: pay.

Replies

Huy Phan Anh Ha
    Lesson: Actually describe what your product does.
    Kevin Brendel
    @huy_phan_anh_ha Oh yes, hate how often you have to scour some marketing website to actually figure out what the thing actually does and how it works. Focusing exclusively on outcomes (which often devolves into buzzwords) is not the way to go. If you can't explicitly tell and show me what you are actually selling, I am going to assume that there is a reason you don't.
    Aris Nakos
    Agreed, that was a poor outreach by their part. Have to value people's time!
    Atticus Li
    For our high end service we actually turn clients down. It's about a market fit and a relationship especially for high end products. But as a buyer, I have supported many companies on PH and Appsumo and the one thing I hate is when they ask for feedback and you give them feedback and they ghost you.
    Abigail Salimpuran
    @atticusli Agreed. It's crucial for companies to value feedback, especially from supportive customers. Ghosting after seeking feedback undermines trust and can tarnish the customer experience. Building lasting relationships means actively engaging with feedback and using it to improve. That's just from experience hihi
    Andrzej Pacholik
    Raise prices
    Charlotte Allen
    Thanks for sharing your experience! It's a valuable lesson for businesses to pay attention to the details.
    Viola Schoell
    Thank you for sharing your story. I firmly believe that honest communication is crucial.
    Marvin Mändle
    Bad customer support and don't listen to their feedback