• Subscribe
  • Tips for mental well-being in winter ❄️

Melina Wonn
    11 replies
    What helps you to maintain your mental well-being in the winter months and not fall into a winter depression? It's difficult for me to stay focused in winter and not become a couch potato. Getting out of bed in the morning, in particular, is always a challenge for me.

Replies

Caroline Schmidt
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    Walking with my dog helps me much for waking up in the mornings. Keeping my motivation is mostly a discipline thing for me in winter - I force myself to keep up my routines, even if I would prefer to stay on the couch. And the absolute most important thing for me is that when I have a bad day, I don't blame myself for it and see every new day as a chance for a new beginning. 🔆
    Melina Wonn
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    @caros Oh yes, a nice walk in the morning with your dog sounds lovely and surely helps you wake up properly even though it is still quite dark outside. It is such a great mindset to see every day as a new beginning. 😍
    Rajesh Kandaswamy
    Enjoy winter traditions and maybe pick seasonal indoor hobbies. Reading more and practicing piano has worked for me in the past. I also switch to treadmill runs instead of running outside.
    Jaspar Carmichael-Jack
    Embrace the Light: Get outside: Even on cloudy days, natural light can boost your mood and energy levels. Take walks, have your lunch break outdoors, or simply sit by a window. Lighten up your home: Open curtains during the day to maximize natural light, and consider using brighter bulbs in the evening. Light therapy lamps can also be helpful for some people.
    Melina Wonn
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    @jasparcj Thanks for the great tips; I also think that daylight can help a lot in winter and that you should catch every bit of sunlight ☀️
    Odessa Holland
    I totally understand the struggle! To combat winter blues, I prioritize morning routines with natural light exposure, set small daily goals, and engage in winter-friendly activities like indoor workouts. Surrounding myself with upbeat music and maintaining social connections also uplift my spirits. Talking about my bf so he do the same as me and buy eroxon gel online for himself. Small changes can make a big difference in staying motivated and positive!
    If you have SAD it's very important to establish routines that support your mood. Getting outside after sunrise is a good start - going out for a coffee and taking a fresh air walk is good. Early morning stretches can help a lot as well as stretching and yoga boost serotonin and dopamine. Also take time to connect with friends - this will help boost serotonin too. Also, even though it's harder in the winter, when things are more difficult to start you actually get more dopamine from doing them - tasks you don't want to do (but should do) are rewarded more than tasks you do want to do. When I'm not at my best I start scheduling self-care into my week as top priority, because if I'm good mentally/emotionally I'm more effective at everything.
    Melina Wonn
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    @whelm_me, thanks for the nice comment. Yoga is also helpful for me, and yes, self-care is a game changer to feel good again 😍
    Artyom Sviridov
    It's simple: I just love winter more than any other season :D
    I would say vitamin D is essential too:)
    Abdal Yousef
    Jaeves: Content & Marketing AI Copilot
    Jaeves: Content & Marketing AI Copilot
    This winter, I've embraced the idea that our well-being hinges not on the fleeting pursuit of happiness but on setting and striving towards noble goals. It's about engaging in endeavors that are not just new, but morally enriching and ethically inspiring. For me, dedicating myself to these noble objectives is far more satisfying than chasing temporary pleasures. The true essence of well-being, I believe, lies in finding a profound 'why' that guides you, especially through the challenging winter days. If happiness as a goal resonates with you, that's wonderful. But if you seek deeper fulfillment, consider dedicating yourself to a cause or goal that uplifts not just your life but also contributes positively to those around you. This, in my experience, is the key to winning the battle of life.