• Subscribe
  • Tutorial or documentation - What do you prefer?

Priyanka Saini
    22 replies

Replies

Nostec Lift
    Tutorial is the best option.
    Daniel Burns
    I prefer tutorials because they include examples and exercises, making it easier to learn by doing. However, documentation is great for detailed, in-depth explanations and specifications.
    Konrad S.
    Both!
    Arthur Leclercq
    Tutorial, interactive ones are great
    Edena
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    Tutorials are more fun and engaging, but comprehensive documentation is a lifesaver when you need specific information.
    Dan O'Malley
    I prefer video tutorials. But it's always nice to have the documentation if I need to reference something quickly.
    Abhishek Gharat
    Documentation is better when it's not so simple. Tutorial when things are simple. Interactive tutorials when things are UI centric. Does it make sense?
    My3 Murthy
    Both- there are different types of learns- people who learn by reading & people who learn visually. Depends on what kind of learner you are. I think it also depends on what your product looks like
    Both. They have different use cases.
    Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    Tutorial with the documentation to refer back to! I know, I'm asking for a lot 😅
    Nitin Joshi
    Should be both.
    Walt Wu
    Wow, I didn't realize there was such a big difference between the two! What do most product entry pages typically call it? Docs, Getting Started, or something else?
    Elaine Lu
    I prefer tutorials because they provide hands-on experience and practical examples that make learning more engaging. However, having comprehensive documentation as a reference is invaluable for deeper understanding and troubleshooting.
    I prefer a combination of both tutorials and documentation. Contentify can help users struggling with creating and scheduling engaging social media content. With AI agents that can generate visuals and captions, optimize SEO, and handle publishing, Contentify can streamline the content creation process and help maintain a consistent online presence. Try Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI
    Yvik Ye
    I believe having both tutorials and documentation is essential. Tutorials provide hands-on experience and make learning more engaging, while comprehensive documentation serves as a valuable reference for deeper understanding and troubleshooting.
    Rowe Morehouse
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    I prefer to read well-written, comprehensive docs.
    Man Luu
    I find that I understand the content better when I have it in written form, so I prefer to have documentation.
    Gurkaran Singh
    I would lean towards a tutorial because who doesn't love a step-by-step guide? It's like having GPS for coding – you won't get lost in the tech jungle!
    Pradeepa Somasundaram
    It depends on the context and the complexity of the topic. Tutorials are often better for learning step-by-step processes and practical applications, especially for beginners. They provide hands-on experience and guide you through specific tasks. Documentation, on the other hand, is more comprehensive and serves as a reference guide. Here are some reasons why documentation might be more beneficial than tutorials for certain scenarios: Comprehensive Coverage: Documentation usually covers all aspects of a tool or system, including features, settings, and configurations. It's a complete reference guide. Depth of Information: Documentation provides detailed information on each function or feature, often including parameters, options, and examples. Self-Paced Learning: With documentation, you can learn at your own pace and skip to sections that are most relevant to your needs. Troubleshooting: Detailed troubleshooting sections can help you solve specific problems you encounter. Advanced Features: Documentation often includes information on advanced features and configurations that basic tutorials might not cover. Updates and Revisions: Official documentation is typically kept up-to-date with the latest software versions, ensuring you have the most current information. If you are looking for a Documentation tool, you can explore Document360.