• Subscribe
  • UGC and SEO?

Patrick Prasquier
    4 replies
    Most of our site (https://honswer.com) is user-generated. From an SEO-standpoint, is it useful? I'm wondering whether/how I can make use of it since: -Google indexing it does not mean it will be able to direct to it, since users' posts don't have their own urls -The posts displayed are randomized -The posts contain personal questions, which might not be relevant to other people I could take some time to change the way posts are accessed so that Google's crawler may see individual links for each of them. Is it worth it? Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

Alp
    UGC is quite valuable for SEO. If you manage to have: www.honswer.com/family/how_to_de... (much better than www.honswer.com/?id=25691118) You could benefit from good matches from long tail searches. Also, SEO values fresh content so UGC is quite convenient. Furthermore, direct links have the benefit of being shareable on social media...
    Sem
    I chose SEO...Whether you are looking for an Ecommerce Solution, Marketing Automation tool, Payment Gateway Solution, or VOIP Solution to take your business to the next level our in-depth guides can help.
    Steven Birchall
    UGC can be great for SEO as it provides your site with fresh content and it's often more engaging than static, leading to longer time on site, etc which search engines like Google consider favourably when ranking sites. I would suggest, if it's easy enough to do, implementing the feature of having direct links to the UGC posts, both from an indexing, but also from a sharing perspective. This way not only can Google surface these posts to people based upon what they search, but also your community can share abroad (and you get the benefit of backlinks)
    Tedel
    Yes, it is. Keep it.