• Subscribe
  • Unpopular opinion :)

Jasper Ruijs
    5 replies
    I can't wait when the AI hype cycle is over. I use AI daily as a growth engineer, but so many start-ups I see here and on LinkedIn are doomed to fail. Because on average: - Most founders need to pay more attention to the growth hacking/marketing needed to stay alive for ten years. - VCs and Angels are in the business of making a profit by selling shares; they are not focused on trying to solve the founder's problem. - Many of these so-called AI tools are just javascript automation frameworks that rebranded. Or they are training the OpenAI models on their user data but not innovating anything. This boom-bust cycle will end in about seven to ten years when the next invention gets mainstream.

Replies

Richard Gao
    It was the same with the crypto hype cycle The only difference is that AI actually has a use case lol And def agree with you on marketing. The "build it and they will come" mentality is toxic. Luckily, I have 2 co-founders who work on technical while I go full steam on marketing for evoke-app.com
    Jasper Ruijs
    Growth Hackers Guide To Producthunt
    Growth Hackers Guide To Producthunt
    @richard_gao2 How is it going? How far are you with the 1000 Monthly Users?
    Kevin Sem
    We are in VC bubble
    Iā€™m in the same place!